Should I Purchase a Second Crib for My Baby on the Way?

HI!! I just recently found out that I am pregnant with our second child. My daughter will turn 1 August 2nd, so she will be about 20 months when the new baby arrives. My question is, should I expect to purchase a second crib or should I expect my daughter to already have moved to a twin bed?
Thanks for your help!!

I would move your older child to a toddler bed, My son is 17 months old and he is in a toddler bed. I am not pregnant but I do have a cousin that is and she also has a daughter that is 2 months older then my son and she is in the process of switching beds for her daughter because she is due next month.

I would purchase another crib. I didnt put my daughter in her toddler bed until she was two and i have safety rails. If you dont by another one use safety rails. GOOD LUCK

i would go ahead and get the twin bed to save the money of buying another crib. just be sure to get bed rails for any side that's not against a wall.

Hi! My children are 15 months apart and when my second child was born I just moved my older child into a toddler bed. We did not have any problems. At the time my older child was not walking either. Good luck!

A twin bed, no. A toddler bed, maybe. My boys were in their crib until they were at least 2. Before then, they weren't old enough to understand that they were expected to stay in bed. So, the crib helped with that. I guess it would depend on your daughter and her maturity level at the time. With you only being about a month along, I think this subject could wait until later in the pregnancy. Your daughter is going to change a lot over the next couple of months and you'll have a better idea of what she'll be ready for.

My daughter was right at 2 when she went to a twin bed, but most of my friends girls were a little older. I didn't put box springs on the bed, I put a monkey board under the mattress which keeps it low like a toddler bed. If you want to try to get her out of her crib, you should start a few months before the baby is born to get her used to it and see how she does, because that is pretty young to expect her to stay in it all night. You might consider buying one of those cribs that turns to a toddler bed, then it turns to a headboard for a twin, and if she doesn't do well, you'll have 2 cribs. Good luck!

1 / 3