Shorts Under Dresses for Little Girls?

I have a 4 y/o daughter and she loves her girl dresses!! However, in the summer if she's out playing she must wear some type of shorts under the dresses so she can have the dress on, but still sit down and play.. etc. I had 3 pairs of shorts for her from my SIL that I held on to for about 3 years...lol She's now too big to wear them and since my SIL got them about 7 yrs ago when her oldest was little it's hard to find them nowadays! I found a few at Target that were biker shorts, but they feel almost like paneyhose and I'm not sure if she'll get to hot in those. I really liked these ones my SIL had given me, they were cotton and had like a lace around the bottom to secure them to the leg and they were short enough so they werent seen unless she was sitting down playing. Any of you mamas out there know where I can get some of these without spending an arm and a leg for them :( Some places are just so expensive and I don't want to pay $20 for one pair!! Or if anyone has some they are willing to get rid of them let me know.. lol I'm desperate to have some :) My daughter would probably be in a 7 for this summer and then they would be good to start out next year as well. Right now she's in a size 6 some 5's depending.. Thanks so much :)

I just buy cheap little shorts at Target, like the ones that are folded on the shelf. Like 3 or $4. I do the same thing, she doesnt wear a dress without shorts.

Gymboree, has "bike shorts" that can be used. That is what I used for my daughter.
It is 100% cotton. Elastic waist. Very comfortable and cute.
Here is a link:
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/asst_department.jsp

If the link doesn't work, just input the search word: "Bike shorts."

Children's Place has great biker shorts. Prices are reasonable.

Just saw some like that at Kohls today for around $8. I think they were Carter's brand. I would check at Target too. Good luck! :)

You can get cute little skorts at a lot of stores. They are skirts with shorts sewn in.

Here is a link:

I was just at Gymboree and their cotton bike shorts are on sale.

I do the same with my 4 and 1/2 y/o. I haven't read all your responses so forgive me if my post is a repeat. What I have done is save the light weight pants that fit in the waste but are worn in the knees or at the bottoms. If they aren't in good condition and I can't hold on to them for her younger sister to grow into, then I cut them off to size and use that iron on hem tape. I'm not much of a sewer and I like to save money where I can so I repurpose what I can.

You can also do leggings that are to short for her and cut them in to shorts and hem up. They are really comfy.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kids/girls46x/shortscapri...
These are $5.60 at Khols.

1 / 3