Shorten the Flu

What do you take if you get the flu and want to shorten
the symptoms. Theraflu? Any recommendations would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Oscillococcium. Really helps. We have used it several times. You should be able to find it at the drug store.
Great well soon.

Great well soon.

If you are in the middle of it, Thera Flu (the hot liquid, not the capsules) makes me feel better.

Coricidin claims to shorten it. You could go get the Tamiflu shot-that will definitely shorten it.

Tamiflu and Relenza are the ONLY FDA approved treatments to help shorten the duration of the flu. However, you must start taking it within 24-48 hours after the onset of your first symptoms. After that, it is ineffective. Both are available by prescription only. Theraflu is available over the counter and helps to relieve your symptoms, but does not have any effect on the duration.

Tamiflu is FDA approved for this indication. But you need to get it pretty much right away.

I love Virastop by Enzymedica . . . I get it at Whole Foods.

I'm not a medical professional of any kind - this is just my "mom" opinion.

Oscillococcinum. Works great. We also use essential oils (Thieves is our favorite) and elderberry for flu. Hope you are well soon!

Shaklee's Defend and Resist has been proven to shorten the flu, but you need to take it at onset. It can be swallowed, chewed, used as a lozenge or crushed to make a tea. Their Immunity Formula I also helps.
NutriFeron, which has been approved for treatment of Hepatitis C, builds the immune system and can prevent flus among other things.
Let me know if you are interested.
V.

1 / 3