Shopping - Consignment & Thrift Stores

I am looking for a nice consignment & thrift store for children and teens. Are there any stores that carry nice to regular clothes and shoes? I shop for my daughter and son so if one store carries more inventory for a specific gender that would be helpful. Travel distance is not an issue. I will drive to wherever I can find what I am looking for.

Hi P.! I visit Margarets on Frankfort Avenue A Lot ... I have to admit that I mainly go for myself, but they have a nice selection for everyone & home accessories. Once you go there, you will not want to visit anywhere else!

There are several Plato's Closet locations around town. Or have you gone to the Goodwill? There is a very nice, large, clean Goodwill store in Clarksville, IN off Lewis & Clark PKWy on Applegate Ln. I love that store and they offer frequent shopper's cards that give discounts after so many purchases. My other favorite thrift store is the Unique Thrift store on Preston Hwy. I always find great clothes there--sometimes good name brands. Also, there is a great kid's place on Shelbyville Rd. called Children's Attic with great brand name clothes.

2 good consignment places I know of in Louisville:
The Plaid Rabbit-shelbyville Rd (US 60) to N. HUrstbourne Ln. turn Lt. at3rd light (you'll pass Northeast YMCA on LT.) store is at next light OR Wesport Rd. or HWY 22 north to hurstbourne Ln.take a LT., then Rt. 2 lights after Dorsey WAy pass YMCA at next light.
Children's Attic-this store is moving soon in Feb. to where I'm not sure. You can see it on Shelbyville Rd. behind Merkley Kendrick Jewelers which is next to Toyota dealership across from the Oxmoor Mall (added perk: there's an adult consighnment store next to it).
Once Upon a Child is in HIkes Pt. area off Taylorsville Rd.
Also children's Orchard in Stonybrook Shopping Plaza near Krogers at corner of Taylorsville and Hurstbournew

There is a great store for children called Once upon a child. There is one on taylorsville road at breckenridge lane. I love it!!

Fro children, Once Upon A Child is wonderful!!! They are picky on what clothes they will accept, which means quality for you. As far as Teen, Plato's Closet is great, and they caryy a lot of name brands, in case your teen is into that.

1 / 3