Shoes for Beginning Walker

My son is starting to walk and I'd like to get "outside" shoes. He currently wears Robeez soft soles but we need something for outdoors. Do you have a favorite shoe that was good for beginning walkers?

I have three kids, and I've bought cheap and expensive shoes for all of them. I haven't really noticed a difference, as long as the early shoes are easily bendable. For my last two I bought skater/tennis type shoes that had thin rubber soles that were very pliable when I tried to bend them and move them around. Ross is actually one of my favorite places to buy shoes for kids and myself.

Try robeez tredz, just as comfortable but made to go outside! I too like stride rite, love See Kai Run, and target actually has some good, cheap early walker shoes too.

Stride Rite! Just go to one of their stores and they're really great about helping you find exactly what you need. See Kai Run are also really good.

Our favorite - by far - has always been See Kai Run:
http://www.seekairun.com/
They have the softest soles and super cute styles! :-)

Any shoes by stride rite are great. I have been able to find some at consignment stores for cheaper than retail. They can be kind of pricey. They totally last forever and come in widths too. Great shoes.

I don't know if someone posted this already, but Stride Right makes the best shoes for the inbetween phase.

Hi R. -
High tail it over to your nearest Nordstrom store! I buy all of my kids shoes either there or on their web site. The people that work in the kids shoe area are great and if they can deal with my two "darlings" they can for sure help you! They spend so much time making sure that your kids are in the correct size and they will also split sizes if you need them to (ie. Left foot is a 6 and right foot is 6 1/2).
I really like Stride Rite and Primigi.
Have fun!

I really liked Stride Rite shoes, as they make them for different stages of walking. Just look for a shoe with a very flexible sole. Stride Rite are expensive, but if you can find a store at an outlet mall or go to Nordstrom Rack, you can find them for half price.

Try Soft Star Shoes, handmade by elves in Corvallis, Oregon. I have purchased several pairs of shoes from them and absolutely love them. They use suede soles for little ones, have an intermediate sole for beginning walkers who are going outside and put a much sturdier, heavier sole on shoes in the little kids sizes. Plus they are super adorable. We get compliments every time we go out with my son wearing them. Plus plus you are supporting a great small business.

Their website is softstarshoes.com

I've tried Robeez, See Kai Run and PediPed and they were fine shoes, but I think Soft Star Shoes has them beat. I also tried Stride Rite and just didn't think I got the same value from them.

1 / 3