Shelter to Donate Baby Clothes

I would like to donate my old baby clothes to a shelter where I know the clothes are needed. I don't want to give these to a Salvation Army, Marklund or Purple Heart type place as I know the items don't go directly to someone in need....I donate plenty of other items to them. Does anyone know of a women's shelter or church in Du Page County where I could bring these to?? Preferably close to Wood Dale, Itasca, Bensenville, Elk Grove, Schaumburg area. Thanks!!!

I think Catholic Charities does a lot of work with families in the Du Page Area. There's also Family Shelter Service of Du Page County which provides domestic violence shelter & services.

Caris Pregnancy Center accepts donations. I've given baby clothes, toys, formula, diapers, etc. They are a great non-profit, faith-based, private organization. All donated items will go directly to the girls/women who go to Caris for support and care. Check them out at www.caris.org. They have a clinic in Schaumburg:

Woodfield Clinic ###-###-####
717 E. Golf Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Hours:
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday 10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.

You can look up "pregnacy resource center" or "Crisis Pregnancy center" in the phone book. They help women who choose to give their babies life, many of whom may have considered abortion.

We are a young family from Bucarest,Romania. We have a 4 months baby girl. Because of our poor economical situation i dare to ask is there someone who doesn`t need anymore infant clothes,baby gear or such items and they can help us with a donation? I realise it`s a very long distance, but i still have my hops on parents with a big heart.... Anyone can contact us at: ____@____.com

Mutual Ground is a woman's shelter, but it serves Kane and Kendall counties here in Illinois. We donate many items to them for our donation drives at work.

http://www.mutualgroundinc.com/donations.htm

Try a Crisis Pregnancy Center. There is Caris in Schaumburg.

Home of the Sparrow is also a good one J.. Their website is www.h-o-s.org. But they are also a battered women's shelter but also accept families. They are in Palatine and Lake Zurich.

WINGS is a battered womens shelter who are always looking for donations or PHD is a program for teen moms who are trying to get there lives together but need a little extra help, I know they have a baby resale that is only available to the moms in need. PHD is in Palatine but there is probably a WINGS closer to you.

No suggestions, but I'm always curious about this issue as I've seen people mention it before. I like the larger donation centers as I see my donations as benefiting people twice -- one, the center gets the money for selling the donations and uses it for good work and two, those purchasing the items are usually (I know this isn't always true if your center is in an affluent area -- wealthy bargain shoppers do abound!) people of need who otherwise wouldn't be able to purchase the items.

JUst a consideration

1 / 3