Sharpie on Leather Sofa

Hi Ladies!

My budding little artist found a Sharpie marker and decided to redecorate my brown leather couch. I tried to rub it with a damp rag and all it did was NOTHING! Does anyone know of anything that will take it off without ruining the leather? Thanks!

my daughter did the same thing on my mother's hardwood floors... a "magic eraser" took it right off. I've used this to take regular pen off of leather seats... if anything will work, this will! Good luck!

I've used whats called awesome.. You buy it at the dollar tree.. It's only a dollar and use it full strength.. It also works on blood, ink,and grass stains too.. also oil and grease for a car.. Good luck

Isopropyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol will remove Sharpie marker.

Hey A.!

You need Sol-u-Mel!!! This will remove crayon, permanent marker, grease and call kinds of good stuff. It will leave your sofa looking like nothing ever happened to. I work from home and help others do the same, I just set up customer accounts with Melaleuca---where you can get the Sol-u-mel from. If you are not already a customer, let me know and request info. from my website and I can help you out. www.2abetterlife.com or www.livetotalwellness.com/cindygeoff

Sorry to hear about the sofa. I do know that rubbing alcohol will remove the Sharpie. Pour a very small amount on a paper towel and tab a small spot of marker. I do not know how the leather will respond to the alcohol but Sharpie does come out with it. Good Luck!!!

OK, this sounds like something my boys might do so I was interested. I found this link on the net. Let me know if any of these ideas work , good luck!
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf102564.tip.html

Try the MAgic Eraser it works on everything!! I would try on a non noticeable place first though to make sure it wont ruin your couch.

Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. They advertise that it can take sharpie off of wood furniture, so maybe it will work on your couch. It should be safe on the leather as well. The other suggestion I have is rubbing alcohol. I would test that on a small spot of your leather first to make sure it does not fade it. Good luck!

I use Sol-U-Mel to take Sharpie marker off of ANYTHING - even suede couches and tile floors! It's the best thing there is - and it's safe for kids, too! Feel free to email me and I can tell you where I shop for it - you can contact me through my website...www.healthyhome4family.com

I know of an amazing product that takes sharpie and anything! It is called Sol-U-Mel, it is from Melaleuca and you can only buy it with a membership but it is worth it every penny. I got rid of sharpie on white leather and on my daughter plastic ski boots and ink from the carpet and crayon from the wall paper, it is awesome and it is all naturally based with no harsh chemicals. Let me know if you are interested.
I truly never have experience anything like this product before.
Hope you can get rid of it soon!
M. Abadie
www.MyKidsFirst.com

A. - I'm not sure how it would affect the leather, but I do know those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers will take Sharpie marks off of just about anything. My niece decorated our window, molding, hard-wood floors and white linen drapes a few months back and the 'eraser' worked on EVERYTHING. I would test it in an inconspicuous spot first, of course, but they seem to work wonders. Good luck!

I have never tried this on furniture but we use aerosol hairspray on our carpet all the time. It works wonders there. If you try it you may want to test it on a small area first just in case. Good Luck!

You could try a little nail polish romover to take off the sharpie. I'm not sure what it will do to leather.

I'm not sure if it would work on leather, but when my 2 year old colored on our dryer and the clothes inside of it (he was trying to "help":)) I used hairspray-lots of it, and with some rubbing, most of it finally came out.

Mr Clean magic erasers work to take permenant marker off walls...not sure about leather. IF the back is up against a wall you might test it there to make sure it won't hurt the leather. Best of luck. C.

Fingernail polish remover works to remove black marks from white patent leather dress shoes. Try it for the permanent marker.

there is a product called sol u mel, it from a line of products by mellaluka (not sure if i spelled that correctly). this stuff is great it has 100's of uses and yes it removes sharpie marks. I would test it on a spot that cant be seen first. good luck

I know GOO Gone takes sharpie off of things, but I don't know how it is with leather. You can find it in the cleaning section of most stores. Hope this helps:)

Saddle soap perhaps...

I'm not sure on that one-but I'm sure you could get an answer on the internet or e-mail Rachael Ray or Martha Stewart.

We had this same problem a while back with my little guy! Try rubbing alcohol, it took it right off our furniture. Be sure to try it in an inconspicuous place first though to make sure it won't harm the color of the leather--it didn't affect ours, but it is actual leather and not suede, not sure what you have. Good luck!!