Sex Offender Parent at My Dd's School

If there was convicted sex offender at your child’s school do you feel entitled to know who they are? They are not allowed within XX ft of the school unless they are dropping off or picking up their child but Rachael D’s question got me wondering. I have been a bit bothered and feel that I should know incase it is one of my kids classmates parents and with the whole birthday parties and etc. I’d hate to find out the hard way it was one of my DD’s friends parents. We haven’t had a situation where they have gone to one of their houses without me BUT it is still early yet in her 12 years they will be there.

If you feel that you have as right to know, who do you ask? The principal, the teacher?

Thank you for all your responses. And Yes Mandy B I am a Christian however I am not judging anyone simply asking a question. I also am very aware about the jail bait dating situations and I know there are 2 sides to every story, unfortunately this person will probably never be able to voice their own side, so ill probably never know.
I do frequently check the Esorn and watchdog sites. I also get notification to offenders within so many miles of my house. However my DD’s go to a private school and there is a WIDE range of area to cover, we have students come from 20 miles away to go to our school and we have been notified by the school that we have a sexual offender parent who had been volunteering during lunches but will no longer be allowed on school property unless it is pick up or drop off for their child. At this point I would feel better this parent did not have a child the same grades as my own.

You are allowed to know of any "registered" sex offender Google it online and you can find the site to look at...In all honesty I wouldn't be worried about the registered offenders! I'd be worried about that parent that has not been cought yet...

Look it up on the internet if you want to know. You can get a map and it will show you where they all live and will tell you their ages and the time of their crimes and what the crimes were. I think you'll find a lot of nothing... That's what I found.
LBC

Can't you look it up on the computer? They have to register to live somewhere, so he should be on a list. I doubt that it will say he is a parent, of course, but I doubt that the principal will discuss that with you.

This being said, if you DO find out that someone has that designation, please find out first what kind of sex offender they have been. There are teens that get that designation just because they were older than their girlfriend and the law doesn't allow the distinction. And different states have different laws - some boys can't have relations with a girl who is 17 and he is 18. That does NOT make a sexual predator.

Every community has a sex offender registry. Look it up. If they are not on that list they are not a registered sex offender they are the victim of rumors. You know, gossip, to make everyone go aahhhha ohhhh.

What I am saying is before going on a which hunt first figure out if there are actually witches in the area. Once you have found the witches then see if they have kids in your kids grade.

Problem solved.

I think it depends, like others have said if it's a case of a guy having sex with an underaged girl no I wouldn't consider him a threat to my child. But if it's a child molester yea i might be a little worried but not to the point of parinoid...people make mistakes and sometimes deserve forgiveness, don't so many of you claim to be Christians? Yet you are so quick to judge and not show grace.

I don't think I have the right to know. If they did their time, they have paid back society according to our current standards and that should be it. What about their child? Why should that child be shamed by everyone knowing what their parent did? What if all the sex offender had done was sleep with his girlfriend who was a year younger? Why should that ruin his child's life?

LBC

How would the school know that there is a convicted sex offender that is a parent? The teacher and principal aren't going to know. You are the only one who could go on the computer and look it up. However, be very careful. You don't know what the circumstances are. Sex offender and child molester could be two totally different things.

You should have received a letter already. As stated below, it's public information - so look it up. And make sure he is registered.

But at least you know about him. It's the ones who have not been convicted or have not registered that scare me.

His poor kid. ugh....

1 / 3