Sewing Patches Without Actually Sewing

My 2 oldest children go to a private school and have to have patches sewn on all their shirts. I am not very good at sewing to begin with and I don't have that much time and this totals 20 shirts plus vests and sweaters. Does anyone know of any good products that I can apply the patches without them needing to be sewn on. Someone was telling me the other day there is a product, but couldn't remember the name of it. I was just hoping someone out there could help me. Thanks!

If you're in the cincinnati area, the Girl Scout Store (on Cornell in Blue Ash) has a fabulous liquid adhesive for patches. Works better than anything I've tried,

Buy fabric glue and look for iron on backing. You can cut out the backing to fit the size of the patch, paste glue on the backing, let sit overnight, then iron the backing and patch on. The combination of fabric glue and the backing works well. I use that with patches I put on my boys pants and shirts to make them fit his style. He insists on sports wear and has not been willing to wear much else for the last 4 years.

They make an epoxy glue I think it is called epoxy 300 (not sure) at Pat Catans that works great for that kind of thing! We use on adding embleshiments to dance costumes and just recently my 8 yr daughter wanted to emhance some flip flops with and the items have stayed on all summer even when gotten wet.

There are several "no sew" fabric glues on the market. Do you have a Joann Fabrics near you? They should have some to choose from.

Of course, I think sewing them on would be better for longevity. Maybe you could pay someone to do it.

Good Luck,

My fiance and I had gotten our kids into tykwondo and they get patches with their learning. So we bot this stuff for applying to patches for fabric. Its called "PATCH ATTACH", its waterproof, permanent and can be used at the dry cleaners. Also its non toxic! We bought if from a Hobby Lobby's near our home. I'm sure you can find it at a Walmart or any craft store. Good Luck!

Hi J., Have you tried Stitch Witch? It's an Iron on adheasive. Usually used for a quick hem. but should work on the patches. Also there are several glues that may work. Check out JoAnns fabric or Michael's crafts or a similar place to find what will work for you. Good luck and God bless.

try a couple (like two) rolls of stitch-witch.

I think it is Stich Witchery. I know I used it for some of the patches for Campfire, Boy Scouts, hemming etc., when I was younger and needed something done quickly. It worked and it held. No sewing involved!!
I know JoAnne's used to carry it and there are similiar brands on the market now. Someone told me they got some great fabric glue at WalMart and someone else was telling me they got some great fabric glue at Michaels they use on all of their sewing projects.
The staff at any of the fabric stores, departments, will be more than willing to help led you in the right direction.

Go to the fabric store there are fabric glues on the market that are excellent and can be washed and dryed no problem. Ask the ladies at like Joann Fabrics or Hannock Fabrics those are two store I've always trusted to have answers to these sort of questions.

P.S. I don't like the iron on products I've never gotten them to work and find them to be to much of a hassel and they fall off for me. YOu might have better luck the I did but glue would be easier.

1 / 3