Sewing Lessons - Fort Worth,TX

Is there anyone in the southwest, hospital district, or really just in Fort Worth, that gives sewing lessons? I am really looking for a one on one. I know the basics, but have trouble with reading patterns, and getting started on projects. I tried Jo-anne's but they were not one on one. Made a purse and now can only do part of one. Maybe someone at home wanting extra money? Just need to know how to sew and have patience with me. I want to sew pillowcases, curtains, quilts, purses, tableclothes, and some clothes for me and the girls.

T. T.

sewing machine stores are probably your best bet. There is one in the shopping center around Ridgmar mall. I am not sure what it is called and have never been there but my first lessons were at a singer retail store. Good luck

Try looking up fabric shops in the phone book. The ones we have locally offer sewing classes. We also have sewing machine repair shops that offer sewing classes.

I don't give lessons perfessionally, but know how to sew, and have made many things. I usually do rennasaunce costumes from patterns and skirts. I could help you learn.

Hey T., check out "extended education" classes at TCU... There is a wonderful lady SUE OTT who teaches sewing to beginners......I believe they have a web site -----www.lifelong.tcu.edu
Also I think you can call ###-###-####.
I would also check with Joann's off Old Granbury Road.... I am sure they too may know of someone.
Hope this helps,

PS: I just called Sue Ott and she would love to talk to you about soem lessons......... Call ____@____.com is so patient and so kind. YOu will love her.

are you part of a moms group? or could you be and ask around?
Checked with your community classes? Every town I've ever lived in seemed to offer sewing through community services. You could also post an ad under the childrens section of craigslist - and probably find some mom out there to help.
Also, I taught myself to sew, but have become much better watching tutorials on Youtube!

There is a woman who does embroidery in Berkley off 8th street, Nancy Witt. Her company is in the spare room in their home.
She might be willing to take on a student. Honestly, though, she may just do embroidery . . .here is her web site. She is a lovely woman and seems very patient and shows attention to detail.
http://www.needle-graphics.com/nancy.html

1 / 3