Severe Utis Every Couple Months

I need some information please. I have been getting UTI (urinary tract infections) for 3 years now nearly evry month to two months. I get them to the point of blood in my urine, no sleep from the pain. I have been going to the doctor and they prescribe meds and want me to see a specialist. I also do evrything in my power naturally before i go get the meds. The problem is I keep getting them. And i do not have insurance...I do not qualify for medicaid because financially were right on the line. So we cant afford to pay for doctors visits. I need to do something, im worried about my health, my kidneys and we want more children, wevere been trying for a year and nothing. SO i wonder if its connected. I need any advice to get me to the right place!
paz
J

Thanks so much for all the responses, keep them comeing...I will tell you what I have tried...cranberry juice yes, clears them up, but doesnt keep me from getting them, peeing after sex, front to back, low caffiene, I feel like ive tried everything. But they keep coming back, im worries about the effect on my kidneys and such....
anyways, thanks for all the responses so far, I truly appreciate it!

I was having this problem for years and they started when I was young. Really young actually. I went to the dr everytime. They would give me diffent meds and every few months I would get hospitalized. Finally my mom made the suggestion that I go and see an OB/GYN and explain to them all the UTIs I was getting she actually thought it was something she could help with. She put me on a low hormone birth control pill even though at the time I didnt need them. They really did help with the UTIs. Along with the pills drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice daily really helped. When I decided to get pregnant I went back to the GYN and told her. She suggested that I eat yougart daily. It helps clear up UTIs but will also help prevent them. I also started prenatals right away too and between all of those things I hardly got any UTIs. There is also a pill called AZO I believe that you can start taking at the first sign of a UTI. IT is an over the counter pill and are really affordable. I would talk to a dr though if you do become pregnant because I cant remember if you can take them when you are pregnant, I havent had a UTI in so long. I hope this will help you. Good luck

what about externally? I know my girls and I all have a problem with bubble baths and some soaps causing things like that. I tell my girls not to wash with soap (I mean it's not like they get "dirty" there), and I avoid any scented bubblebaths and things, also I'm very careful about fabric softener (underwear). I don't know if you've already tried this, but it's a thought.

As I was reading this I realized that I haven't had a UTI for about seven months now. It is amazing that I didn't notice how long it has been before reading your story. Seven months ago I switched all of my household products including my personal shower products to chemical free products. My laundry products are also chemical free. I can't tell you for sure that this is the reason, however it may be worth looking into. The company I purchase these products from also have a three berry supplement for urinary tract health. I would be happy to share this information with you if you would like. Just let me know! :)

I & several other people I know have had great success with the Shaklee Optiflora. This is similar to acidophilous, but way better. Normal a. hasn't worked the way Optiflora has for us.
Let me know if you want more info on this product.

I know you said you dont have insurance- My friend was in the same boat. I know there are places that have sliding fee scales and so forth- or like free days if your income allows. Maybe try sourcing stuff like that?!?! If you do end up going to the doctor- I had the same problem a great Medicine for them (which wiped mine totally!!!) Was Leviquin. Its a strong med, but taken for 7 days (once a day) it was gone.I was hospitalized due to not going to the doctor- the infection traveled up into my kidneys and they were going to shut down if not taken care of. You dont want to jeperadize that!!! Hang in there..

Also I know over the counter I was told to take AZO cranberry tablets daily!!! Even if I didnt have one wiht cranberry juice!

A sign that your kidneys are getting into trouble is that they are super tender to the touch- they are sore like almost on your sides of your back- lower region. Just a heads up.

I've heard that eating yogurt and cranberry juice can help clear UTI's up pretty fast. The only other thing I can suggest is get antibiotics and take the full ammount. Otherwise, the infection never really goes away and flares every few weeks.
I had the same thing and going natural helped a little but I really needed the meds. Good Luck!!!

A friend of mine had the same problem only she was getting UTI's every month, right along with her period. Finally when to a specialist and now she needs to have a hysterectomy. I would definetly look into it more.

Jamie,
I had several UTI's when I was pregnant. I talked with a friend of mine and she said to drink cranberry juice. Now I don't care for cranberry juice so you can eat dried cranberries, or buy capsules from the pharmacy department. Also she suggested eating rice. So I did these two things and they went away. So now I make sure to include rice in my diet several times a week. I hope you get to feeling better.
A.

1 / 3