Severe Tingling and Burning Sensation in My Right Hand. Post- Partum

I had my son five weeks ago and I've been having non-stop tingling in my right hand along with pain that feels like a burning sensation. I can barely bend my middle finger and ring finger. When I wake up in the morning my fingers are swollen and now by lower arm gets swollen in the morning also. Has anybody else had this problem. I've tried Advil and Icing it and neither thing works. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I'd like to have some idea's of what could be going on.

I had a similar thing after my daughter was born and I was told it was tendonitis. Something about pushing and irritating the area or whatnot. I don't remember the details. It was completely gone after about 2 months.

Did you have an I.V. in that hand or arm? You might have a little vein infection or something. You don't say if the pain started immediately after having your baby or not. How long ago it started definitely makes a difference.
Your best bet is going to the doctor. It could be anything, a spider bite even.

Let us know what you find out.

Im not sure if it even makes sense, but if you had an epidural or anything than maybe a nerve was hit? Hope you get some answers!

I'm sure acupuncture would help this

Your bones in your neck are out of place. Go to the chiropractor or osteopath and have the bones moved back where they belong. This will release the nerves that run from your neck to your hand.
Pregnancy pulls on your whole body and can give you backaches, headaches that last after birth and a variety of symptoms that good chiropractic or osteopathy can cure without surgery.
Doctors know nothing about the nerves that run from your vertebrae to your various organs, limbs and all. For instance nerves in your neck control whether you are warm or cold.

Sounds like a carpal tunnel syndrome to me. It is pretty common in pregnant & post-partum women due to all the water retention & swelling. It usually improves after delivery. Since it is getting worse, schedule a visit with your doctor to address this problem.

C.,

I had something go "wrong" during my 1st delivery also. For me it was problems breathing well. I learned that I slipped a rib and it was pushing against my lung.

For you, I suggest talking to your OB. If they are dismissive at all, or you don't feel satisfied with their answer/get some relief, go talk with your GP.

I agree that it sounds like a pinched nerve, or infection. Was that the arm you had your IV in? If you haven't noticed any problems at the site of where the IV was or immediately after the IV, then make sure you tell you dr when it started.

sounds like carpal tunnel to me. i don't know how much you are actually holding your son but if you are holding him non stop and try wearing him in a wrap or sling. if you are breastfeeding in a football hold try holding him in a cradle hold or side lying where you don't have to hold him at all. When you go to sleep at night wear wrist braces.

1 / 3