Severe Diaper Rash - Houston, TX

my daughter is 2weeks old; she has a severe diaper rash...we have tried putting Butt Paste and Desitin and havent seen a difference...what else should we use to put on her rash...please help!!!

Air, Air, Air Have her go commando 24/7 if necessary to let her get better. Don't use wipes, when she needs to be cleaned just use tepid water and gently blot dry. Poor baby, and I know it breaks Mama's heart too. A lot of those creams prevent the air from getting to it.

When my girls were little I found Aquaphor ( might be misspelt) works good. They have at Wal-Mart by the lotions.

When my children were babies I had the same issues. My Mom told me about taking corn starch that you would cook with and adding a little water to it, Browning it on the stove and then put it into a container and use it like you would baby power. It worked wonders.

I think that you have received great advice from all these great Moms.
HAVING SAID THAT:
I am highly offended that Deborah M called the other mothers "fools".
You know Deborah, these Moms are not fools. They are giving the best advice that they can. It is what has worked for them. Doesnt mean C. HAS to do everything she reads. They are all mearly suggestions.
I have read many posts of yours "advertising" your business. If you want to offer your products, then feel free to do so. But, I think "poo-pooing" other peoples advice and opinions is wrong, not to mention the name-calling.

Leaving my son's diaper off was not an option as he frequently sprayed. Try Corona Small Animal Ointment. It's in a yellow tub with a red lid and an be found at your local feed store. It works unbelievably well, contains a lot of lanolin and an antiseptic, and cleared up his yeasty-looking rash in ~2 days and we have not had any problems since starting it. My son is so sensitive that I can not use papmers diapers nor wipes, so I have tried everything. Give it a try and I almost guarantee that it will work for you!

It sounds like it's prolly a "yeast" diaper rash. My daughter used to get those a lot. They get pretty bad pretty fast.
What worked for me was the common cure for it, which is Tinactin anti-fungal cream. Apply 3-4 times a day. Especially important to put that on right before bedtime. The rest of the day apply a heavy healer/protectant like Aquaphor cream.

I use Dr. Smith's, it comes in a small white jar & it works great! Hope your baby's rash clears up soon.

I haven't reviewed what everyone else suggested but my is short....an old fashion remedy I guess. Crisco oil in the can works well on rashes. God Bless ya!

As often as you can, let her go without a diaper at all. When she naps is a particularly good time. Just put a pad under her so that she does wet or soil her bedclothes. You will find that exposure to air is diaper rash's worst enemy. It should clear up in a few days. Then you can use the products you mentioned to protect her skin and keep the rash from coming back.

Not sure where you live but here in tx they sell what is called dr. Smiths, it used to be perscription only but now is over the counter, i know they do not sell it in every state, try your local walgreens,or cvs and look for dr. Smiths. It worked great my two that got real bad diaper rashes.

1 / 3