Severe Cramps After Having Tubes Tied

I just had my tubes tied 4 mths. ago. I am now having severe cramps about once a month. I do not have my period back because I am breast feeding. I was wondering if these cramps are possibly from my ovulating. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well or if this is another problem. I would appreciate all the feedback ya'll have.

I had bad cramps for the first few months after having my tubes tied, but haven't had any after those initial few months. I had my tubes tied 19 months ago, the worst part for ewe was my periods were wacky for about a year. After a year even the periods were normal, till a couple months ago I went 2 months without a period, but it was also a stressful time for me, so who knows.

Sorry you are going through this, that sucks.

I had my tubes tied 4 yrs ago (after the birth of my 4th child), and I also cramp up bad when I am ovulating.....they also double me over if I dont take some motrin at the first sign of them. The Motrin seems to subside mine quite a bit.

Ladies.Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but I had mine tied in 1995 and I still have cramping...Ever heard of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome? Look it up on the web...Its not fun.

hi my name is C. im a mother of 3 i had my tubes tied in 2003 after my 3rd child and i have the same pain you do on the lower left side i been having it since i had them tied i dont know what it is but i ben dealing with it since i had them tied if i knew it was going to be like this i would have never had them done i have nothing but pain even when its not that time of the month and when it is that time of the month my cramps knock me down worst then child labor and i will cramps for days the doctors not saying much to me saying its fine no it not fine lol let them feel the pain i hope you dont have the pain as long as i have almost 7 years i still feeling the pain from it i hope this helped you the doctors dont tell you none of this when you get your tubes tied hope to hear from you

i had my tubes tied 8 years ago and my cramps were not so bad until about 2 years ago maybe.. at least a year or so though. Mine are so bad that i wish someone would just cut me open and rip my insides out.. I sware I would hand someone the scaple! i don't want anymore kids, but I REGRET having mine done..

I have the same problem. I spoke with a friend of mine who does holistic care for my family. You can get this off line or at a health food store. Lobelia liquid; five drops in coffee/tea; or 10 drops in a bath. If you do the bath though be sure it's before bed or you have time for a nap as this is a muscle relaxant. I did it in the coffee and it relieves the cramps. This won't be a problem for me as I like coffee and it lasts most of the day. Hopefully this will give some of you other mom's relief as well.
Sandea

I had mine tied 2 months after my son was born and he will be 2 in Dec. I have really bad cramping with my periods and did when I first had it done because I also breast fed. My doctor said that it was nothing to worry about unless they became unbearable. Try using a heating bad or taking a hot bath when you cramp, it helps relax the muscles. Also take some Aleve that helps mine a lot. Hope that this helps, if it gets too bad call your doctor and let them know.

I HAD MY TUBES TIED A YEAR AGO AS OF 8/27/05 AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY DAUGHTER. I HAD SEVERE PAIN THAT WOULD DOUBLE ME OVER FOR A LONG TIME. THEY HAVE PUT ME ON BC PILLS TO CONTROL IT SOME FOR A WHILE. THE PAST 2 MONTHS I HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY AND SOME PAIN IS THERE AT THE TIME OF OVULATION, BUT NOT QUIE AS BAD AS BEFORE. I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS AND THEY ALSO HAVE HAD THE BAD PAIN AFTERWARDS. JUST HOPING MY WILL GO AWAY WITH TIME. SINCE IT SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN SOME WHAT BETTER IN THE LAST 14 MONTHS.

Well, after reading the other responses it sounds like we all need to get our doctors to wake up and smell the pain! I had my tubes tied 5 years ago after my son was born. I never had cramping before that. Now I will have cramps some months that wake me out of a dead sleep and double me over. I don't tolerate most birth control pills so that is not an option as was also basically told it is normal and that I would just have to live with it. Excuse me Docs out there but everything that I have been trained in whlie working in hospitals and nursing homes says that pain is the body's way of letting us know there is something wrong. I don't know if it gets better I generally end up taking Ibeprophin and sometimes a muscle relaxant. Hope someone in the medical community is reading this because none of us should have this kind of pain.

1 / 3