Severe Back Pain... HELP

OK mamas! I am at a loss of what could be going on? I have been having REALLY bad LOWER back pain for about 6-8 weeks now. It is getting so bad that even putting the lining down on the toilet seat at work has me in tears. When I start to bend over my eyes water and I have to use the walls to help me up. Even sitting down in my chair hurts ( not the stand to sit but just the sitting). I have no clue what is going on. My youngest daughter is 2.5, and there is no way that I am pregnant right now. PLEASE help me figure out what I need to do. I can take Tylenol or anything all day and the pain is still there. Someone at work told me it could be my kidneys? I never even thought about that before. What all do you suggest I should do?

Please see a doctor immediately to determine that the source of the pain is.

It could be so many different things, but only a doctor (and probably an X-Ray, MRI) will be able to determine it. It could be a herniated disc, sciatica, some forms of cancer.

If it is SO bad that you're in tears, your body is telling you that you need to fix something. Please don't wait before calling the doctor - if nothing else, for peace of mind.

Due to a back injury in high school , I've had excruciating back pains and it still flares up to this day. One thing that has helped relieve the flare ups is yoga. But I advised my physician about this approach before beginning . It has helped a lot. But first things first, you need to see a doctor. Like Gmejia has said it may be a disc or nerve and you wouldn't want that to progress. As for your kidneys, may be possible for I've heard that causes pain too.

I pray you get better and find a cure for that.

Definitely get checked for a kidney infection. I had one once and the back pain from it had me in tears. It was WAY WORSE than any pain I have ever experienced, including an unmedicated birth.
If that is not the case see a chiropractor or get a prescription for massages. I had chronic backpain in my late teens and early twenties and that really helped me a lot!

Immediately make an appointment with your doctor. That much pain means something is wrong! The sooner you get started on fixing it the quicker it can be fixed. If your pain is caused by a pinched nerve, bone/spine deformities it will only get worse if you wait. If you have an infection that too is spreading while you wait.

I have endometriosis and suffered chronic low back pain for years. I've also had irritable bowel syndrome which also causes chronic low back pain.

Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory medication. Try ibuprofen or one of the other OTC anti-inflammatory medications.

Not to scare you but to let you know how serious this could be, my cousin's wife, thought she could wait out her pain and she died. She had a UTI which had spread to her kidneys by the time she went to the ER. She did have a fever and was otherwise in poor health.

If you don't have a fever you probably don't have an infection. You could have kidney stones although that pain is usually sporadic. I think the pain without fever and remaining constant is most likely related to your skeletal system. I would start with my physician who could then refer you to the appropriate specialist.

I have used chiropractic and it does sometimes help but not always. It's good to know specifically what is wrong before deciding to use chiropractic.

I don't understand how you could suffer really bad lower back pain for 6-8 weeks without seeing a physician. If you don't have insurance you can go to a county clinic where they charge on a sliding scale. Please see a doctor soon! You may causing your body more harm as you wait.

Where on your back is the pain? I had severe pain in my lower back/hip area that felt very much like the round ligament pain I would get later in my pregnancies. I went to my doctor who did an xray but didn't see anything so he sent me to the physical therapist in the office. It turned out it was my SI joint. Its sort of what connects your hip and pelvis. I ended up doing about 6 weeks of physical therapy which was really just 10 minutes 3x a week on a bed that sort of stretched me out. When I started going I literally couldn't put on pants without bawling from the pain and by the time I was done I had zero pain at all. I don't know if that is what you have but I'd go see your general physician before seeing a chiropractor, it could be a simple fix.

Schedule an apt with a chiropractor. Most first visits are free (where I live anyway!), and they'll do xrays to make sure you're not pinching a nerve in your back. I suffered from severe back pain as well-don't know how it happened, but my spine was all out of alignment, and I'm talking painful!! After a few adjustments, and learning how to PROPERLY stretch my muscles, I was completely pain free. Just keep the adjustments focused on your back. My regular doctor said it can be very dangerous when they start cracking your neck-too many small bones and nerves, your spinal cord, etc...

As far as it being your kidney, it's possible as kidney problems can cause severe back pain, but I would think that you'd have other symptoms such as frequent bathroom trips, much like a bladder infection, or blood in your urine, as if you had a kidney stone. Both of these can be very, very painful. Perhaps you could make a trip to your NP just to make sure it's not one of these...

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!!

It could be a kidney infection. I would definatly get it checked out. I had a kidney infection with my last pregnancy and the back associated with it was horrible!!! I thought i was having back labor but once the antibiotics kicked in it was much better. Hope you feel better soon.

I have the same kind of pain kind of, and I have a herniated disc and a pinched sciatic nerve. If you want to, ask your doctor for an x ray and if nothing shows up on it (nothing did on mine), ask for an mri (if your doctor doesn't suggest it on their own). You can try to take tylenol, but for me, I have to be on prescription pain medication in order to be able to pick up my 2.5 year old son. I'm really sorry you're going through this. I hope you can make it to your doctor soon. I know nothing about the kidney thing, so I can't comment on that part. I hope everything turns out okay, and I hope you can get some relief!

1 / 3