Selling My Husband's Pool Table, So I Can Tutor and Do a Kinder Prep Program...

Does anyone know of a place to sell my husbands very nice Brunswick pool table? I have put it on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. It was over $5000 when we bought it four years or so ago. We are asking $2000 OBO. Does that seem reasonable and does anyone have any knowledge of the cost of moving a pool table?

Here's an article about selling a pool table that has some other ideas:
http://www.ehow.com/how_###-###-####_sell-pool-table.html

My father is a serious pool player. Tables are a narrow market at best. Also they are not intended to be moved so moving them is a big deal. To move the table (releveling and refelting) will probably run in the neighborhood of $500 - $1000 depending on the grade of felt put on the table and where you are. Your buyer will need to hire a professional to do the work if the buyer wants the table set up properly. Honestly this is probably one of those items that just doesn't hold its resale value. I would contact billard companies as some will buy back tables. Good luck.

I would love to buy it if I could. But $2000 on craigslist is a bit pricy (do you have all the accessories for it or just the table?). If you sell it for $700 then you might get a buyer. What you have to look at is when you purchased it, how often you've used it and compare the price you want to what someone could get from the stores for a brand new one. That will let you know if what you are asking is a fair price or if it's more of an emotional price. The cost of moving it would probably cost a few hundred dollars if someone hires a professional team to come and get it and then set it up at their home. Is it located on the first floor or second floor? What I would suggest is finding a pool table store or dealer and see if they will purchase it from you. They may give you more than someone from craigslist. There's a billards store in Frisco by Stonebriar that I am aware of. Good luck.

good luck selling. but i wanted to suggest if your not able to sell it that you get a large plywood pc and throw a plastic tablecloth over it and use it for your tutoring.

In my experience, used is used. $2000 seems like way to much to ask if you're serious about selling. I agree with the $700. Sorry! :)

I would call the billiard supply store and see if they buy back or if they know anyone that buys used pool tables

We sold our very, very nice, almost new $5000 pool table for only $1000. We also had it priced around $2000 and not a single person would pay it. We had advertised it in the paper and craigslist at the time.The one who bought it was a family friend, and he already knew a lot about pool tables, so no need to hire movers for it, but the average person would likely need to pay to move it.

My husband and I are long time pool players and table owners. (25+ yrs) If your table is a "nine-foot Gold Crown", $2000 is a fair asking price. However, if your table is a 8 ft home style table than $500-$1000 would be more reasonable. You can check out www.AZbilliards.com for advertising your table for sale. Take notice of other ads in the "for sale" section for pricing ideas. They are very descriptive as everyone wants details considering the multitude of styles.
You can also search APA (American Poolplayer Assoc) leagues in your area and call their League Operator to see if they have a newsletter or way you can advertise your table to poolplayers in your area. We play for Denton County league and Robert Santana is our League operator. I am not sure who the league operator is for Frisco area.
My husband is currently looking to buy a used/new "Diamond" pro table which runs in the $5000-$6000 range.
There is a huge range of pricing depending on the make and model, size, as well as age and condition.
We don't know much about moving tables but we have had several experiences moving our tables state to state as we moved residences every few years. Our relocation company always locates our Billiard movers.
Hope this helps and Good luck on your sale!

1 / 3