Seeking Venue to Host Birthday Party for 1 Year-olds

My twins will be turning one this May. I am looking for a venue to host their birthday party. Since it's their first, would like it to be special. We were thinking of just going to Chuck E Cheese and calling it a day, but would like to consider other options. We live in Miami (Cutler Bay). Any ideas/suggestions?

You should try this new place that I found called Peace of Cake near the Falls. They are decorated party rooms and the women who own the place are already earning an excellent place to throw a great party for all ages!

I wouldn't recommend Chuck E Cheese for a 1 year old party. It's sensory overload even for older kids and there's not much for them to do there. It's really geared toward older kids.
If you want something hassle-free, I would recommend either a My Gym or Gymboree party. They have songs and activities geared toward the age group. We did our 1 year old party at a Gymboree and all of the kids really seemed to enjoy.

Have you thought about having the party at a park. There are some really nice parks in Pinecrest (not too far from you) that have indoor rec centers in case it rains. Check out the Village of Pinecrest website and look for Suniland Park and Evelyn Greer Park...also there's Pinecrest Gardens, which is a beautiful park, and has a petting zoo adjacent to the playground. I don't think they have an indoor center, though.

I personally like Gymboree or My Gym birthday parties at that age. The employees have a lot of experience with little ones and try to make it as interactive as possible without overwhelming them. Chuck E. Cheese and/or Dandy bear overstimulated my kids at that age. Hope this helps! Good Luck.

There is a cute little place called Jungle Jimbos. It is south of you on US1. Give them a call.

1 / 3