Seeking Swimming Classes for My 12-Month Old Baby Boy.

Summer is coming up and I'd like to register my 12-month baby in swimming classes. I live in the Northwest side of Chicago. Any recommendations?

Hi E., I just signed up my 15 month old daughter for swim lessons at Lakeview YMCA. My husband and I are members there. I think it was 60 dollars or something in that range. I don't know how good it is, but once it starts on 4/20, I can definitely let you know. Good luck, have fun, they grow up way too quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi E.. I took classes with my year old daughter at the Galter Life Center on Foster and California. The pool is warm (indoors) and the class was a lot of fun.

My sister-in-law take my niece to the Y in Niles on Touhy.
She really enjoys the class and her instructor.

My sister lives in Wilmette, not sure if that is close by you. She has taken all of her kids to the YWCA in Evanston. It is not the newest facilitie but the YWCA (and YMCA's ) have been running swim lessons for many generations, so they know what works. Typically when a child is under 3 years old a parent must be in the water, as the lessons are parent/child lessons. If that doesn't work, check your health club for lessons.

Ericks,
a great place to start is with your local park district. that is where i take my daughter - through the Lombard Park District and it is a great program. See what your park district has to offer???

Try the Park District. They have tons of programs. Portage Park has an Olympic-sized outdoor pool. It's awesome. I did lap swimming there a couple of years ago when we lived in that neighborhood. It's a really nice pool, and there's a huge park and playground on the grounds as well.

Check with the Chicago Park District and the YMCA, usually great place to start

V.

We go to Aquababies at the Galter Life Center, next to Swedish Covenant Hospital. The classes are in the exercise pool where the water is warm. It costs about 60.00 per 8 week session.

I know they have classes at Wright College for babies. I tried signing up and the class was full so you have to get on it right away. Good luck

Check out the Gym and Swim options at your local YMCA

I'm from Elk Grove Village which has every thing possible for children growing up need or want to do. Call you park district to let you know where to go and what's available.

I didn't go there, but out neighbors took their kids to the Park Ridge Park district for swimming lessons and I think they liked it. We are also on the NW side and like to go to the Niles Leaning Tower Y on Sunday mornings during family swim ($15/family for non-members). I haven't been to the lessons there but the pool is great, and they have a "family" locker room I like.

I had my son in the portage park swim class at about that age. It was a great class and very relaxed and cheap! They kind of go over the basics, but they let them play too. Which was great for my son, because he just kind of wants to do his own thing most of the time anyway. The classes fill up fast so you have to be on-line and register the morning they open. The spring registration just happened, so the summer one should be coming up soon. I know at Portage Park they have classes all year round cause they have an indoor and outdoor pool. But I think most of the parks on the far northwest side have at least one pool. It's a good time

Chicago Swim School is fantastic. Located in downtown ARlington Heights. We loved it! We are now in Australia, and there are swim schools everywhere. We feel that the Chicago Swim School did a great job of preparing our daughter.

Mother of 2, girl/3 and boy/2

Have you tried Wells PArk at Montrose and Western. They have a great indoor pool.

Park Ridge Park District offers swim classes for all ages. They have group and private lessons. It is more expensive for non-residents but worth it since there are little options in Chicago until the kids are older.