Seeking Swimming Classes for My 12-Month Old Baby Boy.

Summer is coming up and I'd like to register my 12-month baby in swimming classes. I live in the Northwest side of Chicago. Any recommendations?

Hi E., I just signed up my 15 month old daughter for swim lessons at Lakeview YMCA. My husband and I are members there. I think it was 60 dollars or something in that range. I don't know how good it is, but once it starts on 4/20, I can definitely let you know. Good luck, have fun, they grow up way too quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi E.. I took classes with my year old daughter at the Galter Life Center on Foster and California. The pool is warm (indoors) and the class was a lot of fun.

My sister-in-law take my niece to the Y in Niles on Touhy.
She really enjoys the class and her instructor.

My sister lives in Wilmette, not sure if that is close by you. She has taken all of her kids to the YWCA in Evanston. It is not the newest facilitie but the YWCA (and YMCA's ) have been running swim lessons for many generations, so they know what works. Typically when a child is under 3 years old a parent must be in the water, as the lessons are parent/child lessons. If that doesn't work, check your health club for lessons.

Ericks,
a great place to start is with your local park district. that is where i take my daughter - through the Lombard Park District and it is a great program. See what your park district has to offer???

Try the Park District. They have tons of programs. Portage Park has an Olympic-sized outdoor pool. It's awesome. I did lap swimming there a couple of years ago when we lived in that neighborhood. It's a really nice pool, and there's a huge park and playground on the grounds as well.

Check with the Chicago Park District and the YMCA, usually great place to start

V.

We go to Aquababies at the Galter Life Center, next to Swedish Covenant Hospital. The classes are in the exercise pool where the water is warm. It costs about 60.00 per 8 week session.

I know they have classes at Wright College for babies. I tried signing up and the class was full so you have to get on it right away. Good luck

Check out the Gym and Swim options at your local YMCA

1 / 3