Seeking Soy Free Infant Rice Cereal

Updated on June 30, 2008
K.B. asks from Lincoln, NE

I am looking for a soy free infant rice cereal for my baby....Any Ideas??
Thanks

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

C.D.

answers from La Crosse on

I don't recall that infant rice cereal has soy in it in the first place. I would look to a health-food store or a food co-op for Earth's Best Rice Cereal and mix it with the safe liquid of your choice. Here is the link to this cereal, with a complete list of ingredients: http://www.earthsbest.com/products/product/291.php

Smallavatar

A.H.

answers from Cedar Rapids on

I think the Beech Nut Brand is still soy free.

Smallavatar

M.M.

answers from Minneapolis on

You're probably looking for instant, but if you want to cook it, try Cream of Rice! It only takes a couple minutes to make and its delicious. All it has in it is rice, iron, and some B vitamins.

Smallavatar

M.B.

answers from Minneapolis on

We use "Healthy Times" Brown Rice Cereal for Baby. I get it at Whole Foods, and it's organic and soy free.

Smallavatar

L.Y.

answers from Wausau on

I always used Gerber. I didn't think it had anything else but rice. i was always picky with what i fed the kids because of the food allergies in my family...one being soy. You can use Cream of Rice too. There isn't anything in there.

Smallavatar

A.K.

answers from La Crosse on

Hi K., A. K here. Have you tried the healthfood stores??? Also healthfood stores will special order such things if you ask. Good luck! Ande' la receptionista.

Smallavatar

L.D.

answers from Minneapolis on

I didn't think rice cereal had soy in it. Rice cereal is recommend as a first food because it an extremely low allergen. Soy flour would put it higher on the allergy list. I assume you've look at the labels of Gerber and Heize but I'm just surprised that soy is in there. I would look at some of the organic cereals but read the nutrition facts. Organic cereal is often not fortified with as many vitamins/minerals (iron is an important one). You could always make your own.

Next question: Seeking Advice to Boost My Toddlers Iron Intake