Seeking Someone to Help Care for Elderly Parent with Alzheimers

My step mother-in-law recently moved her mother from California in with her. She suffered a mild heart attack and is also in the beginning stages of alzheimers. So far the family has been helping take care of her because she needs someone with her at all times and my step mother-in-law works four days a week. It is becoming very difficult for everyone and so we're trying to find someone who can come help care for her and maybe do some light housekeeping as well. Unfortunately, so far we're only been referred to agencies which are very expensive or care-takers which are registered nurses which are also beyond the budget. Does anyone have any suggestions of where else we can look or a referrel for someone they have used? Anyone that has taken care of an elderly parent knows how hard it can be and how important it is to have someone we can trust, that is loving and reliable. We appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Last Sunday I saw an advert on our church billuiten board about someone looking for a caregiver job. If you call Scofield church at ###-###-#### the receptionist can get you the info. Tell her D. W. asked you to call. If you can't get through e-mail me and I'll look it up tomarrow while I am at Bible study.

My name is S.. I am a certified Nurse Aide. I have worked in Nursing Homes. I currently have a full time job, however, I am available on weekends. If you would like to give me a call, I would love to meet with your family.
###-###-####

You may want to contact Raphacare a Home Health Care Agency for the elderly or those that are ill with any kind of health issues or Alzheimers. They can be reached at ###-###-####.

They are wonderful and will send a nurse at no cost to you to evaluate the patients needs and help you with all the paperwork to get some help paid by medicaid or medicare to care for your loved one.

Depending upon the patients needs, they can send someone to help her bathe, feed, dress, or do dishes, light cleaning, laundry, and just stay with her to care for her etc..

I use this type of program for my mother and they do a great job.

They will provide assistance depending upon the patients medical needs and the person they send to help with the loved one is paid via the medicaid or medicare program which helps you as if you have to have her cared for 8 hours a day then they pay for 4 hours of help and you pay for the other 4 which is a great help financially.

I know what you are going through as my mom too has Alzheimers and it very very expensive to pay someone to provide quality care for the elderly, sick or those with Alzheimers.

Take care.

E.

I hope I can be of help. My mother is a wonderful and trustworthy caregiver of the elderly. She is an independent contractor, I don't know if her prices our affordable for you but I know that the standard in the industry is $10-$15 an hour. Feel free to contact me if you wish to have her number. She is wonderful at what she does and comes with many good recommendations. You may also want to check with her insurance, if necessary, insurance does cover some of these expenses.

You can email me at ____@____.com if you would like her phone number!

Hello,
My name is Isabel and I am inquiring about the section your wrote regarding your elderly family member. My fiance is currently attending school full time and is looking for something on the side that is flexible and will allow him to attend his classes at UTD. His parents are both elderly while they both suffer from different health issues. They both currently reside oversease, but while he lived with them he did take care of them, so he does have experience. Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can set something up.
Thanks,
Isabel
###-###-####

1 / 3