Seeking Small Business / Independent Contractor CPA

Variations of this question have been asked a couple times, and I've already pulled out a couple names for people to contact, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for exactly what I want too. =)

I'm looking for a CPA to do my business taxes. My husband is an independent contractor who should be classified as an employee, but isn't. (The FedEx legal battles have been in the news a bit - they fire the people who want to be employees.) We've just done all the stuff to form as an LLC, and chose to be classified as a single entity as a married couple jointly owning the business. I think that allows us to file the business stuff on the same return as the personal, but I'm not sure how all that works. Ideally, I'd like someone with experience with the FedEx structure. Failing that, someone who specializes in small (the smallest!) business would be okay.

Last year I paid $150 for tax prep - I don't really want to pay more than $250. I'd also like them to be available for random questions during the year if possible. Like about payroll taxes for our employee, or how strictly separated the bank accounts need to be. My current tax person doesn't really know those answers, and she's been giving me inaccurate information rather than tell me she doesn't know.

I have a business associate and friend who is a small Business CPA. go to www.theplanocpa.com and tell her L., the jewelry lady sent her to you. She has over 17 years expeince in the sorporate world and has decide to hekp the small business for the past few years. She is (Pronounced "wall") Give her a try.
L. B

My husband is an independant contractor and I used to be one too until I had kids. We've always used John Evans in Lewisville. He is AWESOME! His number is ###-###-####. He used to work for the IRS doing audits, so he knows what he's doing!

Hi P.. I am not sure where you live but I have a reccomendation for you. We use a CPA in Denton who is wonderful! She is very smart, knowledgeable and super easy to get along with. Last year was my first year to use her (my hubby has used her for several years) and I was quite impressed. I have always used H&R Block until then. Now I know there is no comparison. I am not sure what she charges exactly but I can't imagine it would be too much more than what you are looking to spend. Her name is Simone Anderson and she works for the CPA firm of John E. Baines. Here is their website: http://www.johnbainescpa.com/index.htm. There is a pic of her on there but I almost didn't recognize her because she has lost so much weight. I hope this helps, I am sure you will love her. Good luck and happy holidays!!

Hi, my husband and I have a small business, and my Mother referred me to Doloras because she saved them alot of money and was honest. Doloras Smith ###-###-#### My name is C. and I'm a grandmother.

L. B

My husband and I started our own business about 10 months ago. We went the 'sole proprietor' route which is pretty easy re: taxes. He is a contractor for a business which he was formerly an employee. It was a family business in which I did the taxes/books for them.

Have you bought software for your business? I suggest Quickbooks. It is really simple. I am not a CPA but have worked as an accountant for several years. I have always received help (questions answered, as well as my work being checked) from Hugly & Co. The owner is Donna Hugly. She is very nice and reasonable in prices. Her e-mail is ____@____.com can tell her that D. Bell gave you her name.

But, I'd be happy to help you if you can't find anyone. Good luck.
D. Bell

I highly recommend:
Mary Wilson Keener, PC
9555 Lebanon Rd Suite 402
Frisco, TX 75035-6082
###-###-#### phone
###-###-#### fax

We have been working with her and she is great. She used to be a book keeper, so she gets into the details and is very thorough. She also supports us w/ our business that is registered in Michigan. She is very good.

K. H.

I'd recommend Jennifer Woodward, CPA. Her email is: ____@____.com & website: www.craneandwoodward.com

Feel free to share my referral so she'll trust in the recommendation as you trust in us to refer to you. Good luck.

Hi P.
My husband is a CPA in Grapevine. He is very affordable and does a lot of what you are listing for other people. He is always available to answer questions and is willing to set up a free consult to see just what your needs are! His email is ____@____.com or you can call him at ###-###-####. His name is Greg Z. (www.zachcpa.com)

1 / 3