Seeking Referrals for Baby Items in Detroit Michigan

Hi my name is N. and im a single parent who is expecting a baby boy. I was wondering if there was anybody in detroit michigan who knew of any services that could help me get baby items some items that im in need of is a car seat a bassinett and clothing as well as any other items that are avaliable.

I have lots of girls stuff that I'd love to give you. If you're interested, send me a personal message. Good luck & hang in there!

hello, Natassia

You could also try the Children's Center located in Detroit. They are located on Seldon street (near Alexandrine and Woodward). I know that they take donations all the time. They also have a website but sorry I can't recall it.

I also recommend that you repost with specific items needed - I have a feeling you may receive more than you could ever hope just within this mamasource community because MAMA's are the most giving people on earth!

Hey N.,
My kids are long since grown, but I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. If you need a church home and a caring Christian community, check out Grace Bible Chapel, on Joy Road and Oakman in Detroit. Pastor Ken Hampton is a wonderful man and I'm sure the church would have resources to help. Tell him J. Koehler sent you.

Best love and luck,

http://www.lennoncenter.org/

N., Here is a local (Lennon Center in Dearborn Heights) place that helps pregnant women in need. Best of luck to you and your baby!

Hi Nastissia, try Care Net Pregnance center. I think it's in Berkley. L. S.

Join FreeCycle. You can give and recieve gently used items for FREE. There are always posts for baby gear. Just be warned that car seats have an expiration date.

Mom 2 Mom sales are great too. Go to www.mom2momlist.com for a listing of sales. I have purchased a ton of clothes from there and usually only spend $20.

Congrats!

you can ask for items on freecycle. or try pregnancy centers.

hello, Natassia

The only place I can think of to look for equipment would be craigslist.org. It's a website where you can sell and buy used stuff of any description. There is always a ton of baby stuff, mostly very cheap, sometimes even free. I don't know of any services to get baby equipment but you should get in touch with your local health department or wic office, they may know of organisations that could help you.
Take care and good luck. :)

1 / 3