Seeking Referrals for Baby Items in Detroit Michigan

Hi my name is N. and im a single parent who is expecting a baby boy. I was wondering if there was anybody in detroit michigan who knew of any services that could help me get baby items some items that im in need of is a car seat a bassinett and clothing as well as any other items that are avaliable.

I have lots of girls stuff that I'd love to give you. If you're interested, send me a personal message. Good luck & hang in there!

hello, Natassia

You could also try the Children's Center located in Detroit. They are located on Seldon street (near Alexandrine and Woodward). I know that they take donations all the time. They also have a website but sorry I can't recall it.

I also recommend that you repost with specific items needed - I have a feeling you may receive more than you could ever hope just within this mamasource community because MAMA's are the most giving people on earth!

Hey N.,
My kids are long since grown, but I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. If you need a church home and a caring Christian community, check out Grace Bible Chapel, on Joy Road and Oakman in Detroit. Pastor Ken Hampton is a wonderful man and I'm sure the church would have resources to help. Tell him J. Koehler sent you.

Best love and luck,

http://www.lennoncenter.org/

N., Here is a local (Lennon Center in Dearborn Heights) place that helps pregnant women in need. Best of luck to you and your baby!

Hi Nastissia, try Care Net Pregnance center. I think it's in Berkley. L. S.

Join FreeCycle. You can give and recieve gently used items for FREE. There are always posts for baby gear. Just be warned that car seats have an expiration date.

Mom 2 Mom sales are great too. Go to www.mom2momlist.com for a listing of sales. I have purchased a ton of clothes from there and usually only spend $20.

Congrats!

you can ask for items on freecycle. or try pregnancy centers.

hello, Natassia

The only place I can think of to look for equipment would be craigslist.org. It's a website where you can sell and buy used stuff of any description. There is always a ton of baby stuff, mostly very cheap, sometimes even free. I don't know of any services to get baby equipment but you should get in touch with your local health department or wic office, they may know of organisations that could help you.
Take care and good luck. :)

N.,

Hello!

When are you due?

Are you having a boy or girl?

What city do you live in?

Do you have family support?

What types of items do you need, and what do you have already?

Please respond, that will help us assist you!!! =)

Your friend,
R.

ps. Let me know, I have some clothes/blankets I would be willing to send you!

I have lots of boy stuff that I would be happy to give you, send me a personal message if you are interested. Stay Strong!

try the Council of Catholic Women from the Archdiocese of Detroit
###-###-####
they have a layette operation for newborns

make sure you enroll in the WIC program also

N.,

http://www.aaaprc.org/site/

In case the above link doesn't work, AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center is located in Livonia, MI - ###-###-####. They are a pro-life organization that offers all kinds of services (at low cost and/or for free!)

Also, I'll bet a great resource would be your local Health Department and/or Department of Human Services (DHS).

I'm praying for & thinking about you.

Warmly,

I don't know of any places that could help you with free items, but I do know that mom2mom sales are great. I have gotten tons of toys for really cheap, and I know they have clothes and bigger items as well. Also there is a place in Detroit called CAP (community assistance program) that could help, but I don't have an address or phone number. You should also go to the health department in your county and see if you are able to get WIC or any other assistance. I know they give formula, diapers, and vaccines for free. Good Luck, let us know how else we can help.

There's a place in Mt.Clemens called Compassion that offers these types of services for mothers and babies.

HI N.,

Check out the United Way's 2-1-1. http://www.uwsem.org/211/ They offer all kinds of services for people who are in need.

Good luck and take good care of yourself!

I am getting rid of my infant carseat carrier and three bases on craigslist, but would be happy to give them to you FOR FREE if you are interested. The carseat carrier was purchased in 2005 and has never been in an accident. I also have an infant bouncy seat with activity bar that works (batteries have been recently replaced) if you are interested. Personal message me if you are interested and we can work something out. Both items are in great condition.
If you prefer, a woman at my church works at the crisis pregnancy center in Lincoln Park and I know our church donates a lot of baby stuff there for expecting moms. I am not sure of the exact address, but here's the phone number: ###-###-####.