Seeking Pediatrician Referral in Metro Birmingham, AL Area

I am seeking a referral for a quality pediatrician in the metro Birmingham, Al area. We live in Calera, south of town, but are willing to travel 30-35 minutes(Inverness, 280, Vestavia, etc) if needed to gain a quality provider? Also, I would welcome advice on providers to stay away from. Thank you for your help!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the responses I received in seeking a pediatrician. This is such an important decision and, having been "passed on" to our current provider, I wasn't ready to let someone else make that decision for me. This format was so helpful because none of the doctors I had researched showed up on your recommendations. Vestavia Peds was not on my list but after so many positive responses I researched them as well. I also remembered that a good friend of mine went there and called her to talk further. In short, we have a meet and greet appointment with Dr. Smith of Vestavia Peds in a week. I am excited and hope it goes well. If not, my next appointment will be with Greenvale in Hoover. Again, thank you so much for your help! Merry Christmas and God bless to all your families.

Jernnifer D.

I highly recommend Vestavia Pediatrics, if it wasn't so far to go I would be having my daughter there.

hey J.
i take my daughter to dr hamm at vestavia pediatric. i love him he is great and my daughter likes him. they have a well and sick clinc. these two clincs are separate so your well and sick kids are never mixed. they also have thier own pharmacy and are connected to childrens hospital.if you have any more question please feel free to call me ###-###-####. vestavia pediatric number is ###-###-####.
have a great day M. adams

We use Greenvale Pediatrics in Alabaster ###-###-####). There are 5 physicians in this group but we see Dr. Buie. He is great. Several of my friends/neighbors also use him as we all formerly used Dr. Sharp. We are all very pleased with Dr. Buie he is to through.

Hi J.! I live in Calera also and am the mother of a son that is about to be 6. I use Greenvale Pediatrics in Hoover on Data Drive - Dr. Cortopassi is wonderful!! I have known him for about 15 or so years and he is just the best thing. He will answer every question you have, he does not just give medication to give it and he is great with children. I refered a friend of mine this year to him (she just had triplets!) and she told me that it was the best place for her. Their number is ###-###-####. Hope this is helpful to you!

I recommend Dr. Toren Anderson at Greenvale Pediatrics in Hoover. The great thing about Greenvale is that they are a Children’s Hospital group so you know that you are receiving the best possible care for your child. Not to mention the best resource in the state! I have been with the doctors at Greenvale for the past 11 years and we absolutely love it! Greenvale Peds# ###-###-####.

I am the mother of 6 children in the Birmingham area. I have used Greenvale Pediatrics (Dr. John Cortopassi) for the past 12 years and he is wonderful. They are located in Hoover on Data Drive off of Hwy 31. office phone ###-###-####

Hello J.,
My referral would be Greenvale Pediatrics Hoover/Galleria on Data Drive ###-###-####. Dr. Stephanie Denton is our Dr, but any/all of them at that location are great! We've actually seen most of them.
My daughter is 10 and she's had female problems since she was 4.
We started at Greenvale/Hoover, then when we moved to Alabaster, I transferred her records to Greenvale Ped. Alabaster location. A couple of the Drs left and formed Alabaster Pediatrics and I followed... bad move!
I'm usually not critical, but when it comes to anything Health related I am!
I was not happy with "any" calls, visits or results at Alabaster Pediatrics, so I went back to Greenvale/Hoover where I knew my daughter would get the best medical advise & treatment.
Good Luck & God Bless! CarolC

I have a friend who lived nearby to you. (She is in Puerto Rico as a missionary, now). You can email her and she will be happy to help you, I am certain.
Her name is J. Hayes.

Her email is:

Blessings,
H.

1 / 3