Seeking Pediatric Dentist Who Specializes in Treating Special Needs Children

Hello all, I am the mother of a four year old who has Autism, and I have been putting off the dentist because I know how he will react! My hubby and I know that sedation is a probability. Can anyone give recommendations for a dentist who fits the criteria as far as treating Special Needs Children and does sedation? I am willing to travel to DC, NOVA, Baltimore Area if I have to. Any thing that is within a one hour drive. I am in College Park, MD. Thanks for all the help!!!!

N.

I don't know of any myself, but I wonder if the local chapter of the Autism Society of America might have some information for you. The list of MD chapters is found here:
http://209.200.89.252/search_site/chapter_list.cfm?progra...

If not, then I would try asking the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore, which specializes in treating all kinds of disabilities.
http://www.kennedykrieger.org/index.jsp

Hope they can find you someone who can interact successfully with your son.

I know that Children's Hospital in DC has a dental department/clinic. They might be your best bet. If they can't treat him, I know that they can atleast refer to someone who may help. Also the dental school at the Univ. of MD in Baltimore has a dental clinic. There is a Dr. Camps in Silver Spring that specializes in children. He is really good.

The dentists at Children's Hospital are great as is my kid's dentist Dr. Pincus of Greater Maryland Dental Partners in Waldorf, MD.

The pediatric Denisrty for Children Dr Ginsburg works on my 9 yr old w/ Down Syndrome. HE IS BY FAR THE BEST when it come to his demeneer(?) with kids w/ special needs. Ask for him specificly. He has an office in Catonsville, N Rolling Rd ###-###-#### and in Ellicott City off rt 40 ###-###-####. We had to sedate Libby at St Agnes just for x-rays and a filling.....I will drive far and wide to stay with him.....Good luck, S., mom to LIbby,9 ds and Kyle & Abby 8

Hi! Have you tried calling Dr. Camps Pediatric Center? The # is 301/989-8994 and the web site is www.funsmiles.com
They are in Silver Spring, MD on Musgrove Road
They are excellent and they do treat special needs children.

Dr. Camps on Musgrove Rd in Silver Spring is a pediatric dentist and one of the best! He is the most caring and compassionate dentist. Wish he took adults!

1 / 3