Seeking OB GYN Affiliated with Stanford Hospital

Our Medical insurance has changed so I need to find an OB GYN who is affiliated with Stanford Hospital. I want someone who is a great overall Doctor with experience in C-sections that makes me feel comfortable. A Doctor who would fully explain if there is a problem, take a few extra minutes for questions and not make me feel rushed. Either Female or Male is OK. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you so much to all who responded. Sounds like there a a lot of great doctors out there. Unfortunately my plan does not fully cover doctors with the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Group. I have a PPO plan that has an affiliation with Stanford, but not all Stanford affiliated doctors are covered. It is such a pain. If anyone has a recommendation for any of the OB's at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford that would be great, the majority of them are fully covered by my insurance. Luckily, two of the doctors you ladies recommended are part of our network. I'm going to call on Monday to find out if they are accepting new patients but I'd like a few more options in case they are booked. Thanks again!

Hi- Dr. Sastri Suhkedeo with the Los Altos Branch Palo Alto Medical Clinic is fabulous. He did my C- section and has all the time in the world to talk to you. I have known him for years. Great Guy... Best of luck to you. :)K.

I am very happy with my OB/GYN. His practice is at the Los Altos branch of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. His name is Dr Sukhdeo and is very thorough with a really great personality and bedside manner. All the babies are delivered at Stanford Hospital. I don't know how skilled he is with C Sections but I do know that he prefers not to do them unless medically indicated, he is a big advocate of vaginal delivery, so if you want one just because of a personal preference, he is probably not the one to go with but you could always discuss that with him. He never rushes his patients and you can ask as many questions as possible, I think you will certainly like his personality. I am a nurse at Stanford and I do know that alot of the doctors/nurses go with him for their obstetric care, which is a very good sign. Hope this helps. I am under his care at the moment and am expecting my baby in March. Good luck with your search. One last thing, depending on your insurance, you might have to change medical group over to the PAMF if you have a HMO, this is usually pretty easy, I think all you have to do is call the insurance and tell them you are changing groups. Of course, if you have a PPO, this should not be a problem for you but check with the insurance too before you see the doc otherwise you'll end up with a hefty bill. Good luck once again and hope this helps.

C.,

I used the Women's Health Group in Portola Valley which is affiliated with Palo Alto Medical Foundation and Stanford. I loved all of the doctor's there, but my main ob/gyn is Laurie Karl who is amazing. I highly recommend her.

I cannot recommend my OB, Dr Jan Rydfors, enough! His office is in Redwood City, but he delivers babies out of Stanford (where I gave birth to my first child).
He is the most amazing doctor and OB I've ever had - he is in his early 40's, and received all of his medical training at Stanford University. He is also a professor there, occasionally asked to speak and consult. He is a well noted author and has published several books, including textbooks, dealing with high risk, infertility, alternative birth methods, etc. What's more, he is gentle, sensitive, charming ad will give you an hour of his time just talking if you need it (he is insanely overworked, but completely and totally deticated to his practice). His bedside manner is phenominal, and he explains things without sugar coating them - I gave birth to my first child, and I have to tell you, I was never scared for a single moment with he as my OB. I knew that anything that was thrown at him in terms of my pregnancy and delivery, he would handle and take care of. I could go on for PAGES about him- as a high risk pregnancy, he even gave me his personal cell number to be able to get ahold of him at all times if something happened. More importantly, he listens to you and will follow what YOUR plan of action is, not his or the hospitals. The only con about using him is that the office staff is slow, and you often have to wait a good deal of time in the office waiting to be seen after your appointment time (he is in such high demand, he often runs late, but much of that is also due to his staffing).

Here is the link to his webpage - it will give you all the information you might need to research him, contact him, etc.

http://www.rwcdocs.com/index.htm

Good luck on your new little one!

We (me & all my friends) go the the Barrie's (Gene-Father In Law & Stacey-Daughter In Law) office in Fremont. I'm not sure if they're affiliated with Stanford and/or if that is close to your home. My first labor was natural and my second was c-section, both by Stacey Barrie. Maybe their office can refer you to a good doctor!

GOOD LUCK!

Hi C. - I can recommend Dr. Sukdeho (male) or Dr. Shin (female)they are part of Palo Alto Medical Foundation Los Altos branch. I was 37 when I had my first child I also had some complication. There was some stress but one thing I did not have to worry about was the level of my care, it was excellent. They both are wondeful people who deliver superb care.

Don't look any further. Dr. McCarrick at Women's Health in Portola Valley on Alpine Rd. Part of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Group at 795 El Camino Real. ###-###-#### ask to be connected to Women's Health Portola Valley or Dr. McCarrick's office. He is absolutely amazing. His entire group is really good. He is unique in that he actually cares about and loves what he is doing. Great man. Bye!

I have a OB GYN Dr, Dr Toig who is really good. I have 3 children 24, 22 and a 4 year old. With all 3, I had c-sections. He is located in RWC but is affilliated with Standford which is where I had my 4 year old. He specializes in infertility and can be used as your primary. Your office visits will take alittle longer than normal, but he is a great Dr.

1 / 3