Seeking Movie Theater That Allows Newborns

Does anyone know of a local (Chicago) movie theater that allows new moms and their babies to attend shows?

Kerasotas City North 14 has matinee movie magic and it lets parents attend first run movies with their babies.

There's also a Reel Mom's program down town at 600 North Michigan at Loews. It's every Tuesday.

Kerasotes theaters has a moms and babies showing on Tuesdays or Wednesdays around 11. You can bring your baby and see new releases. It's really great, they dim but not turn out the lights, and the volume is lower than it is during a regular showing. Also nobody is yelling if a baby cries or anything. I was kind of sad when my son was too old to go (due to paying attention to the content!) GO to kerasotes.com I think. It'll give you theaters in your area, and what is playing at the moms and babies that week.

Any theater allows babies. It's against the law to do otherwise.

There is a theater on Touhy (on the border of Chicago and Niles) - I think its called the Crown 18 - and every Tuesday their 1st matinee showing of each movie playing is a "mom and baby" show. Its nice because you don't have to worry about your little one crying or making a fuss because everyone there has a baby with them. I would bet that some other theaters around town probably do something similar, maybe you could call some near your home and ask?
Take care,

My only concern would be that the theaters are very loud and that is going to be too much for your newborn's ears to handle. I've been to so many concerts that I realize now that I don't hear as well as I used to and I still thought the movie was loud. Not to discourage you from getting out of the house but just something to think about.

You can bring your baby anywhere with you! Just sit on the aisle in case you need to get up with your baby. I used to love going to movies when my first was little. Go now because you won't get to go again for a very long time....

I just read that Reel Moms has been discontinued, but I'm not sure if it applies to all locations. Check out www.kidwinks.com, a website for parents in the Chicago area looking for kid-friendly events, activities, restaurants, shops and services. If you click on Events, you can find "movies with babies" along the left rail under "passive kids events". For now, they just have a link to all of the Kerasotes theatres in the Chicago area that have Matinee Movie Magic. It's on Tuesdays at several Chicago area locations. Keep checking back with kidwinks - they add new content every day, and it's really a great resource. They also have a calendar in their Restaurants section where you can click on a day to get all the restaurants that offer free kids meals. You can sign up to be a member (which is free) and get a twice-weekly newsletter with links to upcoming family-friendly events and activities.

1 / 3