Seeking Moms with Children Who Have Cerebral Palsy or Hydrocephilus

would like to meet moms in a similar situation to mine, my five year old son has severe cerebral palsy, hydrocephilus and other problems, from being born premature. I would like to meet parents in similar situations to just have someone to talk to who understands what im going though. I have really good friends, but they really dont understand and i dont hold this against them, just like to no someone who does understand.

Hey D. my son who is 7 has cerebral palsy. I found out that he had it when he was 1yrs.old and it was hard on us. It has been hard tryn to find someone that is going though the samething! I just want to tell you to take one step at a time and everything is going to be great!! If you need someone to talk to let me know I will be here?

try FOCUS (Families of Children Under Stress) ###-###-####

focus-ga.org

and Parent to Parent of GA ###-###-####

www.parenttoparent.org

also, get involved with the school your son attends. they will be a great help even though it is a regular elementary school.

try a church with a special needs sunday school.

good luck. prayers are with you and your son.

Hi D., I am a pediatric occupational therapist in Nashville. If you are in Davidson county, you can contact Harris Hillman School. It is the Metro school for children who are medically fragile, many who have cerebral palsy in varying degrees. There are wonderful teachers and parents who would be a valuable resource for you. You can also try Easter Seals or call Tennessee Early Intervention Services (TEIS). They serve younger children throughout the state, but they may be able to give you other resources. K. B.

Hey D. I cant say i know what your are dealin with as a mother to have a child with this but i Have a brother that has cerebral palsy and he is now 30 i am younger then him but i look at him as my baby brother he is also my life beside my kids... I have help my mom take care of him as long as i can remember.. My mother had took care of him from the day he was born and still does till this day it is very hard on her at times canuse she's getting older but she wouldnt have it any other way.. he also has alot of other things wrong too.. he cant talk he cant do nothing for his self...I Also had my youngest son a month early and we have been in and out of hospital.But if theres any thing i can do let me know i have been lookin for a job to where i can work with kids that have things wrong with them.. good luck

Hi D., I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with special needs children of varied diagnoses. I wanted to let you know about a rally at the Georgia state capital on November 4th. It is to protest several cutbacks that have been made in the Medicaid System that have directly affected many children with special needs. The rally may be a great place to meet people who have and understand special needs children. The website is www.kidshealthcarega.org Hope to see you and your son there!

Hi there...
I am not a mom with a child with cerebral palsy, but I did grow up with my younger brother who has cerebral palasy. Life was a lot different than others because of this. My mom also has created a bunch of programs for special needs kids too. If you are interested in talking send me an email ____@____.com

How are you D.? My name is M. (28) and I have two girls age 8 and 5, the youngest of which has cerebral palsy. She was officially diagnosed in March of this year. We were using the umbrella term "developmental delay" until then. I am anxious to meet you if you would like. At times, I find this disability difficult to deal with especially when other adults don't know what is going on and is ready to cast judgement. Please call ###-###-#### if you would like to talk. I work two jobs and go to school online so if I don't answer please leave a message.

Hey-

I am sorry to hear about your separation. But us woman are such strong creatures I know you will be okay. I do not have a child with cerebral palsy. I actually have three healthy, beautiful children age 8-5 and 2. I did want to lend a ear and an empathetic heart to you if you would like. I live in Atlanta as well and hopefully soon will be relocating to St. Mountain. I will leave my e-mail address which is ____@____.com forward to hearing from you. Take care.

1 / 3