Seeking Mommy and Baby Activities

seeking info on any mommy and baby activities in the Northglenn/Thornton/Westminster area. prefer yoga, pilates, swimming, or other exercise focused mommy-baby groups??

The Paul Derda Recreation Center in Broomfield is probably fairly close to you. It's on Lowell south of 136th. They have lots of Mommy and Baby activities.

There is a YMCA there and rec centers. Call them. The Westminster rec center off of 104th has a ton of different activities. They also have a daycare there too so you could work out alone if you wanted to. Most all of them offer mom and baby swim classes

The Arvada Center has great Mommy & little one classes like Creative Playgroup and Toddler Time. They are for a little older babies than your 6 month old but - soon. It's only about 5-10 min. from Broomfield on Wadsworth. Check out www.arvadacenter.org or call ###-###-####.

Also, I go to Mommiecise class at the Westminster Rec Center. THe res center is at 104th and Sheridan. We work out with the babbies in strollers, holding them or set them on the floor and work out around them. It's a drop-in class and costs the same amount as 1 gym admission. It's Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:15. :)
Maybe we'll see you there. :)

Have you looked on meetup.com? There is a Westminster Healthy Active Moms (WHAM) group on there that mixes exercise w/ Mommys and kids. Also, there's one in Broomfield, too, and more I'm sure. Most of the groups are centered around SAHMs so the times are mostly in the a.m. and afternoon. Check the Westminster Rec Center (called City Park Rec) and Broomfield Rec Center (Paul Derda) also. Have fun! I work fulltime so most of these activities are out for us, but they look fun.

K.,
I run StrollerFit class in the exact area you are interested in! I would love for you to come try a class. I have 3 different class formats, a cario/strength training interval class, retore the core- which is a mat based pilates class focusing on the mids sections (all my participants have lose inches in the waist and hips in as little as 4 weeks), and a muscle sculpting class. The children are an interactive part of class and welcome at everything. You can view more info at www.strollerfit.com/northdenver . The group is great and we even do social activities. There is also a meetup group we have and you dod not have to be a member of StrollerFit to join it. The link for that is http://parents.meetup.com/570/ . Let me know if you have questions and I hope to meet you and your little one soon:)

1 / 3