Seeking Indoor Playplace (Not Gymboree) in Atlanta Area

I would really enjoy taking my daughter (15 months) to an indoor playplace, but not Gymboree. I really like Gymboree, however, my schedule is too random to have a set day to visit Gymboree. Their open play is only on Thursdays and I would never be able to make it the appointed time. PLEASE help me with any other indoor play places you may be aware of which would be sufficient for her age.

hey,
I just moved to Atlanta about 10 months ago in the middle of summer and clearly it was hot. What Atlanta does have is a plethera of indoor playareas that are affordable. They have jumper or moonbounce places, for reasonable prices. My kids love Kangazoom. There are different playareas for different ages and open play all week. Its not overcrowded and kids get their energy out. There is another that was just bought out in Roswell called Jumpin Jeronimo. Have fun.

Hai C.,

Why not try PUMP UP they have indoor activities for kids and they also organise birthdays. Wish you luck.

The High Museum of Art, at 14th and Peachtree, has a wonderful family play area where children can explore puppets, draw, build with wooden blocks, dance with scarves, stack objects and enjoy each other's company. The 2 year old I nanny just loves to spend up to 5 hours at a time there!!

Buy a family membership to the High Museum and go whenever the Museum is open! No reservation is needed!

They have a Toddler Art session on Thurdays from 11 to 3 (reservations requested).

Grownups can also enjoy evenings with jazz on Fridays and other late nights.

We go to The Jumping Bean in the Amsterdam Walk shops in Midtown (off of Monroe near Piedmont Park). It's a bunch of inflatable slides and bouncy toys. I've been taking my son since he was 1 and he's always loved it. Going when they open at 10 is key because it's not crowded and later in the afternoon a lot of older kids are there. I love the way the older kids mothers never pay any attention to them once they get there -so you have to watch carefully if you're there at that time. However, it's usually a lot of fun. $5 for your kid to jump! Make sure they have socks. There's another place called Monkey Joe's that's on Collier Road as well. I've heard it's great, but I haven't been there yet.

Our favorite place is The IMAGINE IT! Children's Museum downtown. It's across from the new World Of Coke, Aquarium, and Centennial Park. It keeps kids entranced for HOURS -lots of great activities for toddlers. You can buy individual tickets or get a membership.

Suzuki Village in Dunwoody, right down the street from Perimeter Mall is excellent! It opened last fall and they have an open play area that you can go to in the am or pm. I think the cost is cheaper in the pm, but am is only $6. They also have great classes there. Tell them K. Pfau referred you.
Thanks and have fun!

I remember seeing something like it in Amsterdam Walk, where Cook's Warehouse is at Amsterdam and Monroe. It had a funny name and seemed to be an independent shop. Might look there if you're in that direction. Sorry I don't know the name.

hey,

we take our son to the little gym, they have locations all over. The classes are set times but they offer classes many times during the day and week. I go to the one in snellville, not sure we you are located. They have a website www.littlegym.com I think. Good luck finding a place, my son has a blast.

The Little Jumping Bean at Amsterdam Walk in Midtown is a great place. Mornings are best for the little ones. Sometimes it can get a little crazy when they have birthday parties or lots of kids playing.

1 / 3