Seeking Ideas for Removing Silly Putty from Fleece Clothing!

Hi fellow Moms,
My son put his special wad of silly putty in the front pocket of his brand new fleece pullover....and it melted. I may have even washed it in there, not sure.

Any ideas on how to get it out?

Thanks in advance! J.

Thanks so much for all the tips! You guys are so awesome. After a couple of other tries (which I learned about a couple products that I liked), I tried Michele's GermX (hand sanitizer) trick. Worked like a charm. My son's favorite pullover returns! Thanks so much, J.

I recommend freezing the pullover, keeping the pocket as flat as possible. An overnight freeze may do the trick. As soon as it is pulled out start peeling it from the fleece, refreezing as it softens.
Go over any small areas and the residue left behind with rubbing alchohol and a wash cloth.
HTH!

My son (as a practical joke) put silly putty on my husband's chair. Needless to say it got quite embedded into the fabric of the chair and the pants my husband was wearing. I had great luck getting it out with rubbing alcohol.

HTH!

The best thing I've found to get anything sticky off of anything...clothes, floor, etc...is called "Goo Gone". You can get it at walmart or pretty much anywhere. It's a GREAT thing to have around the house!!!! It has saved some of my daughter's clothes that were sure to see the trash can!

Hi J.! We haven't done the silly putty thing but gum, stickers being washed on clothing, etc. I use straight basic H2 concentrate from Shaklee. Totally non toxic (I thought you would be interested in that since I see you are an advocate for children's health) and works great. Wonderful for gum in hair if that ever happens too. If you don't already use this products I could send you a sample of the H that would be enough to get it out...I think...as I said I have never actually used it on silly putty that I recall but on many other sticky things. Yes I do sell Shaklee as I have used it for almost 25 years and love it so much I decided to earn something form telling everyone about it. Just let me know if you want me to stick it in the mail and I will send it out on Mon. if you do.

Sincerly,

Try ice. Or sick the jacket in the freezer. You might be able to get some of it out. But if its melted all over the jacket... I'm sorry to say I think its dead.

Try using goo-gone to get the putty out.

creamy peanut butter? It works for gum stuck in hair etc. You'll have to wash it out really good of course, but it's got to be worth a try!

First, I would put his pants in the fridge and get it hard and then peel as much as possible out of the pocket. Any residue that is left can be removed with tea tree oil. I use a high grade and it has incredible solvent qualities.

1 / 3