Seeking Ideas for Party Favors for a One-Year-Old's Birthday Party

Hi, we are having a birthday party for my daughter, who will be one. I'd like to give out little party favors for her little friends (also around 1) that come to her party. Most toys, candy, etc. are not appropriate for babies. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

I found hats at Joanns for $1 each. They were made of foam and were shaped like different animals. My son loves to play dress up and still plays with those hats 2 years later. I don't know if they still carry them but it is an idea.

Go with some balloons that you can give to the partygoers as they leave. Get lots so each child can choose their favorite color! The parents will probably be glad you didn't load their kid up with all kinds of junk to worry about their precious baby choking on... and the kids will be enthralled with the balloons... never met a 1yr old who wasn't...

Use them to decorate, keep the strings long and give them out as the children leave... whenever they come to you and say, "it was great, we have to get going..." you say, "Wait, let so & so pick out a couple of balloons to take home"... then ask the child to point to the ones they like and give them a couple. You can tie the ends of the strings like a little bracelet and slip it over their wrist so it doesn't get "lost" on the way to the car.

I bought individual goldfish packets from Costco and Gerber individual puff packets. I also bought small soft balls and finger puppets from IKEA. Have fun!

we did sippy cups from oriental trading, Had my daughters name on them and birthday rubber duckies.

Hi! Happy Birthday to your little one! For my daughter's 1st Birthday I bought disposable Pooh Bear sippie cups (they come in packs of 4 I think), Packs of puffs (Gerber), Toddler Spoons, and candy for the parents:)
Main thing - have fun and enjoy her 1st Birthday. It goes by so fast!

For my daughter's 1st birthday we did splash balls (she loved to throw them) and bubbles. I never put candy in my goody bags, kids get enough already. I also got older items with the older children that would be at the party too. Good luck.

Hi, S.

Some things that I have done when my children were small (goody bag items are so often cheap-o things that break easily and just make messes)...

- Made homemade teething biscuits (that are good for adults too!) and put them in a pretty box or treat bag with ribbons. They're usually pretty easy to make and taste better than store bought. The Swiss recipe for Springerle is great for teething babies too...and the rest of the family enjoy them as well!

- One party I had pictures of all of the invited children from prior events and I cut out their heads and put them on those silly gumby-style frames in different poses with a balloon attached to hand out at the end as a nice souvenir from the party that is fun in their bedrooms.

- Sand toys are relatively inexpensive and everybody loves them, uses them, and fresh ones are always handy. The buckets are their own containers and look so fun and festive to carry away from the party. You can use a sharpie to put the child's name on each piece for them if you'd like too.

- We've had several parties (birthday and Easter) when we've filled up the van (sometimes two trips with large parties) with those huge, colorful balls from Target and Wal-Mart. I've used a fresh black sharpie to put their names on it in fun writing. When you have a park or backyard full of these big, colorful balls, it's so fun and festive for everyone (even adults! LOL) and then the kids get to take home their big, colorful new ball.

I hope this helps....or triggers another idea for you! Good luck!

D. C.

A friend of mine gave out board books-- great idea if you can find ones that fit into your party budget--- a small stuffed animal is another idea-- or medium size soft balls-- or buy sets of squishy bath toys (the kind that are animals that fit in your hand with a hole so water squirts out) and split up the sets so everyone gets one and a set of bubbles

We did cheap cups with a straw. Small blow up beach balls would be good. And maybe some of those toddler fruit snacks.
Happy 1st birthday!

1 / 3