Seeking Ideas for High School Graduation Gift

My son will be graduating from high school this year, and I'd like to give him a special gift that is meaningful yet inexpensive. He is an exceptional student and has always put great effort into his schoolwork. We can't afford to take him on a trip somewhere, but want to give him something he will always remember that will reward him for his hard work.

B.,
I have 3 grown children and was not able to give them expensive gifts for graduation either. I gave them each the Dr. Seuss book "OH The Places You'll Go". I wrote a note in the front telling them how proud I was of them and how much I loved them. I made a wish for them in the note that they would go "All of the places they wanted to go" and do all of the things they wanted to do. Each of them loved it so much it is now the graduation gift I give all of the special young people in my life.
Just a foot note...Each of my children took that book to the hospital at the birth of each of their children and read it to them right after they were born then wrote a note to the child under the note I wrote to them.

B.,
When my kids and their friends graduate from high school and even college I make them funky looking martini or champagne glasses filled with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans that is a flavor or flavors they like and then cover it with plastic wrap. Usually I will give 2 glasses per gift for their friends and a set of glasses for my kids,especially if they are going off to college. The kids get a kick out of it and I recently heard from one of my daughter's friends that she still uses the glasses; they graduated in 2001. One of her girlfriend's put them on her shelf, refills them whenever she has company, and puts them out on the coffee table; she said everyone now wants a set, so I now I am getting paid to make them. You should try it, it will only cost you about $20. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hugs,

The gifts i still have are a watch, luggage, and my grandmother's engagement ring. I got them over 40 yrs ago! I gave my sons expensive engraved keychains, luggage, and a very personal letter. They both still have and treasure these things. They are 26 and 31 now. Wish I had a letter from my parents. Good luck in making your decision.

B.,

Hi B.,

These products are heirloom type in quality and will be something to be cherished always, there are also tons of other ideas if you check around on the site. Blessings and good luck!

Memory Trunk:
https://www.onceuponafamily.com//forms/frm_shop_item_info...

Words of Wisdom:

There are lots of other heirloom type products too, I am a consultant with the company so if you have any questions let me know!!!

Best of luck!
A.

If he's into baseball.. you can get him tickets to see his favorite team or through him a graduation party and have him invite all of his friends. At the party take lot's of pictures and then make him a graduation scrapbook for memories. If you are not going to give him a party make him a scrapbook of him and how he's grown so fast.(he'll love it !) and in the book have family members right a personal message or advice to him . -M.

You could take him on a Family vacation or send him ALONE with a Friend of his choice.......Cost ABOUT $300 Dollars
http://www.kittatinny.com/pages/rates.php

Kitany Canoe is very fun , and inexpensive
http://www.kittatinny.com/pages/canoeing_rates.php

they have paintballing too.....35 dollars per person

Camp there over night
http://www.kittatinny.com/pages/camping_rates.php

There is a book written by Dr. Seuss titled "Oh The Places You'll Go", excellent book, then write something nice on the inside.

B.,
Hugs,

Lenovo T series laptop. Crash tested at 35 miles an hour. Go to Lenovo.com. My husband is EXTREMELY hard on laptops and it has proven durable. It'll be rugged enough for a college bound kid and out performs just about all other laptops on the market. You can have them custom built or buy prebuilt which are a bit cheaper. It'll be between 1300 and 2000 dollars for the T series. (T series is the only one crash tested and has a drop proof hard drive, trust me he'll need that in college!)

1 / 3