Seeking Ideas for a Birthday Party for a 16 Year Old Boy.

I am trying to plan a party for my son that will be turning 16. I am in need of theme ideas etc.

I would ask him what he wants to do. That's such a tough one. Although I think someone said paintball party and I bet that would be a big hit.

I've been through two sweet 16's so far for my daughters, and they had both boys and girls at their parties, the first one we rented a hall and had a dj, the second one we had in our house and had a dj for most of the party and they played cd's after the dj left, but they both turned out the same as long as we had food and the kind of music the kids wanted to hear everybody was happy. I kept a close eye on the kids, but just kind of stayed in the backround where nobody noticed, and everyone was happy. When they turn 16 most kids just want to be cool. good luck hope this helps in some way.

What if you take a group of friends to a game, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. All of the arenas have some sort of birthday package.

there are many things you could use. A DJ for a music theme or some kind of paint ball theme. You can do a sport theme depending on what he is in to.

I'm not so sure that a "theme" is the way to go. By 16 that's old news to the kids. I have three boys ages 16, 17 and 18, and when they have any birthday gathering these days, they either do something or they do nothing at all. By that I mean, they've gotten their friends together to go to a rock climbing gym, for instance. Or they just come over and hang out, play video games and eat us out of house and home.

So my suggestion is to either organize an event that your son and his friends like, i.e., climbing gym, a sporting event, maybe go-carts or paint ball... Or just have the guys over to hang out. Either way, with boys, always provide lots of food! :) Enjoy! I love teenagers, especially boys. I'm really going to miss all the activity and goofiness around here when they move out.

Hi D.,
I think at 16 themes may be "uncool" but you may find one that is for example a skater party, or a sports theme. run some ideas by your son. We rented a hall for my daughter's sweet 16th. She wanted a formal dance party with music and food and her friends in formal apparrel. (cost about 300.00 as my church donated the hall) We also made up a picture board of tons of pictures from when she was a baby and ones from now and titled it "Our Baby Is Sweet 16!" She wasn't too embarrassed by it!
Have fun with it!
Blessings!,
A.

I agree with the advice already given. At 16 themes are done! Depending on when his birthday is the pool party, ballgame or DJ are all great ideas. The family party should be held seperatly with a simple menu and cake and ice cream. Save your money for the friend party. You'll need it! If your son's birthday is during warm weather even a local amusement park would be an idea specially if they have a water park. You also have to find out if he plans on including any friends who are girls!

I dont know if a theme is appropriate for a 16 year old. Just having a party should be enough

I'd ask him if he wanted a party or not. Most 16 years old might just like to have a few friends over and order pizza and just hang out and do what boys do. If you wanna get the family together and go out for dinner or something. Im only 21 yrs old and I know when I was 16 the last things I really wanted was to have my family and friends together. I hope I helped alittle...

1 / 3