Seeking Icheap Party Favor Ideas for 2 Year Old Party - Cupcake Theme - Not Junk

I am throwing my two-year old a cupcake-themed party at the park and am looking for good party favor ideas. I know most the time party favor bags end up in the trash, are filled with junk or dangerous for young kiddos. I would love ideas for something to give each of the guests. We will already be decorating cupcakes and eating those in-lieu of the cake and I think sending home more cupcakes or cookies shaped like cupcakes would be major sugar-overload? Any ideas are appreciated!

I don't know how many kids you are inviting, but there is a a cute book: If You Give a Cat a Cupcake They run about 4 or 5 dollars- i think.

For my three year olds party yesterday, I did little baskets with squirt guns and sidewalk chalk. I also had some little John Deere fruit snacks in there since it was a farm themed party. The baskets and chalk were each $1 at Target. The squirt guns were 12 for $8 at a party store. At least the chalk will definitely get used and not thrown out like so much other junk you get!

check out WWW.Etsy.com and do a search for cupcakes. You will get a plethora of items that may work for you as party favors. Cupcakes are really HOT right now. If you join, please list me as your referral :-) It does not cost anything to join, but you do have to be a registered user to purchase from that site. Everything on Etsy is Handmade by individual artists, not imported junk. My store wouldn't work for you because I sell edibles and you already have your cupcakes.

aka, LittleSnowflakes

I am not sure if I am too late in responding, but last year I did a cupcake theme for my 2 year old daughter. For favors I bought aprons and chef hats from Target and ironed on cupcake appliques on each one that I got from Michaels. I wrapped them up with a wooden spoon and included two recipe cards; one for cupcakes and the other for fresh strawberry frosting. I tied them together with pretty ribbon. This was really inexpensive and they turned out really cute. Target had blue aprons that I gave to the boys and pink for the girls. The aprons and hats were $1 a piece. My daughter and son still put on their aprons and hats when we bake. Hope this helps!

We went to a party last year and each child got a bottle of bubbles. The tag said, "I was blown away you came to my party. Thank you!". It was cheap and easy for the host. My son was two at the time and thrilled!!! The parents loved that it wasn't a bunch of stuff that would lost or broken and there was no candy.

We recently bought bubbles at the dollar store that came in a bottle shaped like an ice cream cone. I wonder if orientaltrading.com or some place might have cupcake shaped bottles.

For DD's 2-year-old B-day party (in April), I went to the dollar store and got:
--a bucket and shovel set for each kid
--a package of 15 sidewalk chalks
--3 for a dollar bubbles

Each kid got a bucket with bubbles and chalk. The bubbles and chalk were both used by most kids at the party (although there was still some to bring home). I had thought some of the kids might play in the sandbox, too, but the party was crazy enough without adding that in. In any case, it was all inexpensive stuff that my DD, at least, really loves and uses. Have fun!

What about some kind of cute sippy cup? Maybe decorated for each child if you choose to go with that much detail. You could put an ice cream certificate from Baskin Robbins or McDonalds inside.

I'm like you, I always hated the party bags with junk. I always tried to do something a little different such as a coloring book with markers, those black felt color boards or a small age appropriate craft, and as my daughter got older, we gave gift cards to Abercrombie, Starbucks or someplace like that the girls enjoyed.

Enjoy your baby....they grow up TOO fast! Mine is already 14 and I remember 2 like it was yesterday. Every stage has been a blessing, even with the hormonal teen!

Here are some lovely hair bow birthday party favors here: http://www.FavorMyParty.Etsy.com They are organized by theme, can be personalized with your child's name, and are not candy! Good luck with the party!

Updated

Here is a cute cupcake birthday party favor: http://www.etsy.com/listing/42944067/cupcake-birthday-par... You can find other lovely hair bow birthday party favors here: http://www.FavorMyParty.Etsy.com They are organized by theme, can be personalized with your child's name, and are not candy! Good luck with the party!

1 / 3