Seeking Great Ideas for a Baby Shower

I am throwing a baby shower in about 3 weeks. I would love to know your ideas about games, food, rituals etc. It is the mom's 3rd baby, however she has given everything away and needs new stuff. Her kids are spaced far apart. We are expecting between 20-30 people (there will also be a lot of little girls there). The baby is a girl, but only her parents know what her name is :) Thanks in advance!

For my shower, each person brought a special bead to be incorporated into a necklace. When each bead was presented, the person explained why she had chosen the bead, and stated a thought/wish for me, the baby, or the upcoming birth. I then had the necklace with me for the rest of my pregnancy, and throughout labor and birth. It was a great way for my friends to be with me, lending their strength and support on the big day!

ooh, I am such the "party planner"!
For a large group like that you have to keep it moving...
Gift Bingo is always fun. You print-out bingo pages and you have the guest fill in the boxes with what they think the mother-to-be will get as gifts (bottles, car seat, blanket, etc.) and they mark them off as she opens her gifts. The first with Bingo WINS! it is fun.

There is also "price is right". Have them flip over their paper. You hold up baby items (Shampoo, desitin, breast pads, etc.) and the guest have to write down how much they think each item is, they then total their list and the closest to the actual price, without going over WINS! Or you can have them just guess a total... It is fun.

I have many more ideas if you are interested write back and I will keep going.
Have fun with it!

thX,
R.

I have a good idea for a shower favor for your guests. For a few showers now, I've gone to the local plant nursery and picked up a flat of little plants... you know, the ones you use as starter plants (like 2-3 inch pots). Then I just tie a pink or blue ribbon around them, with a little note card that says something like "Welcome the beginning of a new life" or "Welcome the new little sprout!"... have fun with it. :0)

People really seem to like getting plants, because then it's something they can really keep and use, vs. something with candy or whatnot that will just get stuffed into a drawer at home. I actually still have one of my plants from a shower, that is now in a 12 inch pot, and looking beautiful!

For my sisters shower a year & a half ago, we had a raffle. As the hostess I bought the baby his first piggy, and the gifts for the raffle (nothing big a couple nice picture frames and candles, lotions... those kinds of things). I sold raffle tickets (1 for $1 or 10 for $5) all the money in the piggy at the time of the raffle was to start the babies savings account.
We also did the clothes line game. Hang a clothes line, fill a laundry basket with different clothing, towels, sheets etc. Give each player a baby doll and a telephone. They have to hold the baby and talk on the phone while hanging laundry. Whoever hangs the most clothing in the set amount of time wins. That was a lot of fun.

At the last baby shower I went to we played a game that seemed pretty familiar, however, there was a new twist. The hostess brought out a tray of baby items and we all had a minute to look it over then we were going to have to write down everything we remembered once she took it away. The twist was that the second hostess instructed us to write down everything we could remember about what the first hostess was wearing instead.

BTW I think its great that your friend is having a shower for her new baby. Even if she still had "everything", I believe every baby should be celebrated!

Hope you all have fun.

Hi
Buy her thank you cards for her in advance. Have the shower guests fill out their name and addresses on the envelopes--one less thing the guest of honor will have to worry about!
good luck
n

At my daughter's shower, the hostess supplied pain white onesies of various sizes and fabric paints. The guests then decorated the onesies as one of the shower activities. I just loved dressing my daughter in each onesie, remembering the person who was wrapping her in love.

I dont have game ideas however I am looking for maturnity models to do airbrush artwork (FREE) on their baby belly and I have a professional photographer (FREE) to take tasteful pics (1 FREE pic) to have as a keepsake for the mom and can even make a guestbook (not sure how much this is but can find out) out of the photos for the baby shower. I am needing three models and there is no charge until I get three more samples together for my portfolio so if you think she would be interested pass the onto her and good luck with the shower.

A. H.
###-###-#### salon
###-###-#### home
###-###-#### cell

1 / 3