Seeking Good, Reputable Referrals for Denton

Hi Mamas - need your help again! We've just moved to south Denton & I need to get some recommendations!

A good vet - we're a 2-cat family
A good gymnastics/activity place for my 3-yr old son to either take a class or go for open gym play

I'm sure there's more questions but I can't remember them now!

Vet - Dr. Valerie Barker. I have been using Dr. Barker for over ten years (way back when I was a student and she used to work out of her garage/office). Not only is she good, but she always gave me deals when I was hard on my luck. We love her! 4 cats 2 dogs.
###-###-####

We go to Animal Hospital on Teasley Lane. It is convenient to South Denton and this vet is phenomenal. The vet there remembers our animals, even though we don't go in alot. When our family pet died several years ago after an illness and subsequent surgery, he made a memorial donation to an animal charity in my dog's honor. I thought it was a very tender and thoughtful thing to do for our family. And we're always able to get an appointment same day or next morning.

Ponder vetranry hospital. It is all the way out in Ponder but they are very reasonable priced and have been around a long time.

Welcome to Denton! Hope you join MOMS Club! (email me for more info: ____@____.com)

Vet: we have gone to Dr. Barker forever. She's moved back to WAY west Denton though, and is currently not worth the drive. She may be for you though.

Gym: Can't beat Achievers. it's run by my buddy Frank Kudlac. National Champion coach of TWU Gymnastics. They have open gym on Mondays and Fridays, along with a zillion other programs.

PS We love Dr. Amy Adams as our pedi.

For a vet, absolutely use Dr. Weunsche - he is top notch, very sharp, and VERY compassionate. We've gone through a couple of scary illnesses with him, and he and his staff showed us nothing but the best veterinary care and the utmost compassion. He is right at I-35E & Teasley, Denton Veterinary Center. ###-###-####. I would suggest you not see Dr. Meyerdirk, but I don't think he's in practice anymore, he was at Dove Creek Animal Hospital.

We are going to Corinth Gymnastics, I have a 6yo boy and a 3yo boy and they LOVE it! I would encourage you to give it a try, my boys are in the 6:30pm Wednesday class, and there's a max of 5 kids per class, I think there's one spot left in the 3/4 yo class. My name is J., and I have a tiny baby girl(4 months), so if you decide to give it a try, say "hi" to me, I'll be sitting on the bleachers with my husband and baby girl :) They do one free lesson, so you can totally let your little boy try it out before you make a decision!

Pediatrician - Dr. Squires ###-###-####
OB/Gyn - Dr. Indrani Reddy ###-###-####
Dentist - Dr. Fuller at DWF Dentistry(don't know his number offhand)

###-###-####

I took my boys to Little Gym when they were younger. They enjoyed the classes.

We take our pets to South Denton Animal Hospital:2720 James St
Denton, TX 76205-7662
###-###-####

Nub is the older vet- he is great. There is a younger vet there too- I don't recall his name, but his is also wonderful.

Can't speak for a children's activity place as mine are all grown, but Dove Creek Animal Hospital on Teasley/Lillian Miller (in the vicinity of the South Branch Library only on the opposite side of the street) is a GREAT vet. It's where I have taken all my cats (young and old ones) since living in Denton.

1 / 3