Seeking Good Doctor/dentist in Fort Worth That Accepts Medicaid

I am looking for a good doctor and dentist in Fort Worth that will accept Medicaid. The boys have never been to the dentist and I have no clue where to begin. I am more concerned about finding a good doctor though. I have tried two doctors over the past 3 years and am so disappointed. Since then, no luck. The doctor they currently have doesn't even see them, they just have a nurse practitioner come in and she is less than friendly. They rush us out whether the boys are sick or there for a check up. It's nearly impossible to get them to return calls for questions, prescriptions, referrals, appointments, etc... but the main concern that I have is that they seem very narrow minded in how a child should be taken care of. My boys both co-sleep, my youngest is 18 months and still breast feeds, we are vegan, and I have elected to be selective about which immunizations they receive at this young age. I am proud of the way that we are raising our boys and would like to find a doctor that is open to different styles of parenting. When they go for checkups, they frown on all of these choices. I personally feel that they are good choices but believe that it is my choice, NOT theirs and would like a doctor that can give me guidance based on the choices without judgment. The doctors that I have heard of don't accept medicaid. Surely there is a good, clean, welcoming, establishment with a warm and intelligent doctor inside who accepts medicaid ;) I'd be so happy to get some recommendations! Thank you guys! Oh, and a dentist if you know of one.

Dr. Lori Guitas, D.D.S. is a great dentist. She & her staff were all very friendly. She sat down with me before the exam to discuss my children's brushing & eating habits & what was & healthy. After the exam she sat down with me again to discuss what she found & what I needed to do. I never felt rushed, & the environment was great. She is located in the Cooks Children's building at 6210 John Ryan Drive near Harris Southwest Hospital off of Bryant Irvin. Phone number is ###-###-####. Highly recommend.

i would call the medicaid number on the back of their ins. paper & ask for a complete list of all doctors accepting medicaid in your area (like whatever county you are in)
thats what i did, they have to provide you with the information, even though they might try to say that's too much to print dont take no for an answer.

i take my kids to dr. tommy duncan in keller, he accepts medicaid, & is nice, although i have no idea about his opinion on selective immunizations, since we havent been going to him long. he is a family doctor, not a pedi.

& we use dr. gober, for dentist in colleyville, although i think he has another office too. they accept medicaid & are pediadontist, & we liked them very much.

i hope this helps!

We use kids doc in arlington with Dr. Edward Moayyad and his very friendly nurse prac., stephanie page gold. both are very nice and great with my girl. He's open to discussing vaccination as long as you're knowledgeable and not emotional about it.
oh - and we use the dentist next door to him...It's called All Smiles and request Dr. Z - he's wonderful...the wait there can be pretty insane, but that's where we go and we're a no fluoride family and they respect that.
good luck:)

If you live in Arlington, Dr. Karen PIlgrim-King is an amazing pediatrician. She is on Pioneer Parkway at Davis. She may still be accepting new medicaid patients from elsewhere, but I am not sure.

No clue on a dentist. I'm still on the hunt.

My kiddo's are also on medicaid I was lucky to find a great doctor and dentist. Try Dr. Pickell and for a dentist try Dr.Sewell both are in fort worth and both numbers should be in with your paper work the state sends.

Try to get them in the COOKS CHILDRENS network, you might have to change their medicaid plan, but it was so worth the change for both of my children. Not completely sure about the selective immunizations, but their pediatricians(yes it is a group even though they will be assigned only one dr)ask me if my kids are going to get each shot before they are taken out of the freezer.

Hi C.. I don't know of a doctor or dentist for you, but I just wanted to say that although it can be hard DON'T be afraid to be an advocate for your children. If the office seems to be rushing you, call them on it and simply say, "I know you are very busy, but I have some questions and I really want you to be thorough with my child." Even though you are on Medicaid your children deserve good medical treatment. However, you are right, and it may be tricky to find a pediatrician who thinks like you do and is also a Medicaid doctor. A good place to start would be to find a listing of doctors, then call their office and simply ask the receptionist questions about vaccinations, being vegan, etc. and see what her response is. Or, ask a nurse to call you back and see how long it takes. You could also go by their offices and discreetly talk to other moms in the office waiting for their child to be seen. Well, good luck and although it can be awfully uncomfortable sometimes sticking your neck out and being assertive, it is really the best thing for your child. Hope you find a great doc & dentist!

Hello how are you. I just had a baby boy two months ago and didn't want to send him to the same doc my daughter goes to because like youre doc she never saw her only the nurse practitioner, which I loved but I didn't even know what her doctor looked like. Anyway my son saw Dr. John Menchaca in the hospital and we are still seeing him. Both my children see him. I am very happy with him. He calls back right away, will get you in instantly for anything you need to see him for if your child is sick, and magically knows whats wrong most of the time just by looking at your child for 2 seconds. When my son got thrush he personally called me at home to tell me exactly how to use the medicine and how to do extra measures to keep it from coming back. He even answers his office phone sometimes because he lets his staff leave on time. I think he is just great. He accepts medicaid but when you get in there they will help you to switch your plan to cooks childrens which is still medicaid just a different plan. The number is ###-###-#### and they are located on 8t Ave where Plaza medical is.Good luck. Oh I also see Dr. Sewell for their dentist. This man was made to work with children, so gentle and nice and it shows which is the one downfall it takes about a month and a half to get in but to solve that just call early before they are due. The main dentist is dr. Barnes but the kids see Dr. Sewell. The number is###-###-#### and they are located on Seminary.

1 / 3