Seeking Good Consignment Shops in the Northern VA Area

Any of you wise ladies know of any "good" Consignment or Thrift Shops within the Northern VA area? Who needs brand new things when you can get them gently used at these type of stores? Right? We are definitely not above second-hand items. Thanks in advance for the any helpful info! God bless to all!!

I have found great items at Kid to Kid in Centreville. If you go to www.kidtokid.com, you can search for a store near you. The Centreville store may be the only one that's close. I also like Small Change in Reston - www.smallchangeconsignments.com. It is run by its founder, has been around for several years and has a variety of items in good to great condition.

Happy Shopping!

I am brand new to mamasource, so I just found your request. I have a children's shop in Occoquan, VA (a small,quaint town right off of 123)called Bambini's Boutique. I have a combination on new and gently used items. I have gently used clothing and shoes newborn through teen sizes, as well as a lot of unique toys,games and gifts. My shop number is ###-###-####. If there is something in particular you are needing you can always call ahead of time and I will see what we have. I will be back from vacation on Saturday. I am open daily except Wed and Thurs. I am listed under the toy section. I look forward to your patronage.
Thanks,
A.

There is an adorable baby/kids' consignment shop in Alexandria, called The Purple Goose (on Mt. Verson Avenue, in Del Rey neighborhood).

The clothing is generally high end. Sometimes the prices are steep for second-hand (on dressy clothes, mainly), but always in great shape.

Definitely worth a look!

Kid to Kid, Centreville & Clocktower Thrift shop, Centreville (there are right next to each other). You can also go to the Fairfax County web site and do a search for Thrift Shops.

Manassas has a brand new Salvation Army. There is a consignment shop in Old Town Manassas, too. Both places are great.

Happy Shopping!

I just started an online kids consignment business, based in Northern VA.
529.Kids.Consign, was started with the idea that if you save on your children's clothing and accessories now, you will be able to better contribute to their future. Check us out: www.529kidsconsign.com

There is a thrift store in Woodbridge (corner of Minnieville and Smoketown - in the Lowe's shopping center) called Village Thrift. They have a good selection of clothes and even do 1/2 price on Sundays on certain colored tags. I have gotten some of my son's clothes there (a Gap winter coat for about $2; some pants, etc for 50cents, etc).

There's also a consignment store in Manassas out near the Home Depot close to 66. I can't remember the name of it - but it's something like Second Chance Child.

Clock Tower in Centreville is fantastic, I've been there several times.
We have both Goodwill and Salvation Army thrift stores in this area, I know of one in Arlington and another in Falls Church, but you may be able to get a complete list from their respective websites (or the yellow pages.)
There is also a thrift store called Yesterday's Rose on Rt 236 in Fairfax City. It's in a strip mall, with big names on the awnings.
Also, check out a chain of stores called Tuesday Morning if you have one nearby - it is not thrift/consignment, but it seems to be clearance stuff from all over, so you can find extremely good deals, and it's always a treasure hunt!

1 / 3