Seeking Good Childbirth Classes in Richardson, Plano or Garland Area

I'm getting closer to my due date and want to look into taking a childbirth class. There are so many options! I would like to find a comprehensive, yet interesting, one to attend. I'm delivering in Rockwall so I don't want to drive all the way there for classes. I do not have a 'birth plan' so I want to be familar with my options. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on how I can find these classes!

Thank you to everyone for responding so quickly! While Linda Worzer's next class was full, I was able to get into Sharon Mattes' (her partner) next class.

Linda Worzer is amazing and she is in Richardson. She is so gentle and kind and HELPFUL! We love her!

L.,
My husband and I went to childbirth classes at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, which were very informative and helpful. There is a Presbyterian Hospital of Plano off of Parker, which is where I took my breastfeeding classes. You can go on www.thr.org to find out more information about classes, price, and registering. Good luck! A.

Just wanted to say congrats on the upcoming baby .. such a wonderful blessing! :-) I'm in Allen and had all my babies in Virginia, so I can't offer you any local options .. just wanted to wish you well on the wonderful journey of motherhood that you beginning! :-)

Hi L.---I live in Garland...I will be giving birth (due in August) to my first child at Baylor, all natural. I am going to hire a doula (birth coach) to help me through. Here are the Bradley method classes I am taking. They were highly recommended to me. http://www.naturalbeginningsonline.com/

I am also just learning about and looking into hypnobirthing. http://www.hypnobabies.com/

What an exciting time for you! I delivered at Medical Center of Plano. They actually required us to take a Child Birth Class and offered a few other courses as well...Daddy Bootcamp is a favorite as well. You could probably check their website or call the hospital for more info.

Best of luck!

I second (third?) the recommendation to take Linda Worzer's class. She has been teaching for a long time and is well respected both by her students and by other birth professionals. I would definitely stay away from the hospital classes - the teachers are employees of the hospital and you will not necessarily get unbiased information.

I agree with Tara K. The classes with Linda Worzzer at Natural Beginnings www.naturalbeginningsonline.com are awesome! We met in her home in Richardson. I can't say enough good things about her and preparing us for our birth experience last year!

Where are you planning on delivering? Most hospitals offer childbirth classes for their delivering moms. Centennial in Frisco has great classes

First, Congrats!!
Well, my husband and I took childbirth classes at the Medical Center of Plano(.com). You can check them out on line.
We had a great time and it was insightful. They covered everything: development of child, stages your body will be going through during delivery, breastfeeding and even CPR.
It was worth it for us!

Linda Wortzer's Bradley Classes were great and she's in Richardson. http://www.naturalbeginningsonline.com/ab_linda.html

Regarding a birth plan, I was overwhelmed. I met with our doula, Kathy O'Brien, http://www.kathyobrien.org/, and in one session, about 2 hours, we went over a one page birth plan that she created. She explains your options at each step and you check them off. We met with her for that class, then another class for birthing positions/comfort meaures, then she came over when I was getting ready to have the baby and she stayed til he was latched on well. I think she would be willing to meet with you for just the class on birth options if you were interested. I thought it was awesome. She lives in Fort Worth, but I live in Frisco and had my baby in Allen. I highly recommend her. (I also reviewed her business under doulas on this website.) Let me know if you want more info about either. Enjoy the birth! What fun!

1 / 3