Seeking Going Rate for House/pet Sitting

We are traveling out of town during the Thanksgiving holidays and I want to pay someone to stay at our home to take care of our dog. They would really only need to be there in the am and pm to feed the dog and I want them to stay the night at our house. What is the going rate per day? Your feedback is requested.

I've generally paid $10-15 per day for someone to visit 2-3 times per day. I have two large dogs, but I've never seen upcharges for number of dogs, just flat fees based on number of visits per day. Hope that helps!

My parents have paid $50-75/day for housesitters to stay at our home and care for their old dog and cat. For someone to come in twice a day and not stay overnight, I've paid $24/day ($12 per visit).

My sons do this regularly, and live in the Flower Mound area. One of them stays at the house, and they get paid $15.00 a day. My eldest son just turned 18, and will be a senior. The other is 17. They both have references, and do this regularly for two of our neighbors who are always traveling. One neighbor has 3 dogs, a cat, a lizard and 2 guinea pigs.

L.,
Well my mom does pet sitting and I believe she charges $15 a day. She can come as little or as much as you would need her to. Check out her website if you want more information or if you would like to contact her.....happypaws4you.com. her name is Glenda. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

My pet sitter charges $16 for the first visit and $13 for each add'l visit. I get her to come twice a day. I also use internet video cameras and a sound alarm system that notify me of certain changes in my home, so I can monitor things while I am away.

Hope that helps. Have a great vacation!

Hi, L.
My name is N. Kerr. I am a freelance "care" sitter. I can take care of your animals whenever you need help. I have been a petsitter for three years, and I have 4 cats of my own; I love animals. I also have references. I charge $15 a visit, which includes a walk, play time, and a feeding. I charge $65 for an overnight, which is from 7pm to 7am. Please call me if I can be of service to you.
###-###-####

I have a friend that lives in Sanger that does a lot of house/pet sitting. She works for a vet in Farmers Branch in which she has quite a fan base. Here name is Jessica and her number is ###-###-####. If you leave her a message she will get back to ya asap. Right now would be a good time to get her to book for the holidays.
Hope this helps,

1 / 3