Seeking Gift Ideas for Sister's 40Th Birthday

My sister is celebrating her 40th birthday this year and I'm looking for gift ideas. We're very close and she's always been there when I needed her so I really want to get her something special.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For my 40th I got a tee shirt that said that 40 was nothing but 4 perfect 10's and it had the addition problem. It was a really unique shirt and it was hand made with that fabric paint. Then maybe a gift card to one of her favorite stores.

I have 2 sisters. im 48 one is 50 other is 52. I recently got them and myself a charm necklace its a clear circle and it opens up its held together with magnet and i got each their intial charm a birthstone charm and a personal charm mine has a flower because i flower garden one sisters is a tracter they farm and other is a motercycle cause that one her and hubby ride cycle together. I told my sisters i got them its a sister thing they thought they were neat. also you might try an outing. one of my sisters birthday comes around covered bridge festival now every year for her birthday us sisters go out for breakfast and go to the covered bridge for her birthday. they time spent together is fan and memorable.

If she lives close to you there is nothing better than a girls night out. That means the whole night. You rent a room in a very nice hotel, go out to a nice dinner, maybe get a message. They next day you go window shopping and just spend time together. i know many moms would say how can you just go away for a day. Well sometimes you need a break and when it comes to a sister, you need time together without the kids and husbands.
Another idea would be just visiting a day spa. there is a very nice one in Rockford. Again it is time together. I only have sisters and it is great when we can get together.

Hi R.. I think one of the best gifts you could get from a close sister or friend is time together. I would take her out for a manicure/pedicrure and dinner or a massage, dinner movie, shopping. ANything that you normally would not buy yourself. But doing something and spending the day together to me is the best gift I could ever get,

What about creating a photo book of your favorite pictures of you two? Shutterfly.com has some really neat book ideas and the small books will hold around 100 pictures.

Hi R.-

I am with a designer handbag company from California that is brand new to the Chicago area. The bags are beautiful and they are very unique and would make an excellent gift. All of the accessories and bags come in collections and the luggage will be out in just a few short weeks.

www.gigihillbags.com/tonivanschoyck

Hopefully this might help. I was also thinking about a broadway show in the theater district such as jersey boys or the blue man group? You could do show and lunch or dinner.

Good luck in your search!

Hi R.! Not sure if your sis is a wine drinker, but checkout goosecross.com. One of our favorite vineyards out of Napa Valley, they do all kinds of etched bottles. You can get one especially etched for your sister, with her name, birthday - anything you want. They have stock etch designs but you can also customize. We have done these for wedding gifts, anniversary gifts, Father's Day...and I got one for my husband's 40th bday last year. They are always a huge hit, and even after you've drunk the wine, you can keep the bottle as a special momento - put a candle in it or something.

Check it out! Have fun!!

I gave kids toys to my siblings when they turned 40. A playdough can, a box of cracker jack cause the prizes are fun, a key chain game so when they are stopped in traffic they can still have fun, post it notes so they would be able to write things down when they lost their memory, etc. I just found random stuff and wrote a little note on each relating it to being old and wishing they were young.

When my sister turned 40 I looked up other things online that were 40 years old and put them in a basket. Some of the things I found were toys and foods that are still made now. She loved it.

What about a girls weekend somewhere. That is something I have always wanted to do, but have not yet.

1 / 3