Seeking Gift Ideas for 5Th Grade Class

I work as a "lunch lady" at a elementary school in Allen. I was adopted by one of the 5th grade classes. They gave me gifts at Christmas and also this past week for teacher appreciation week. I received gift cards, flowers, candy and snacks. I would really like to do something special for the class before the end of the school year. There are about 15-20 students in the class so I'm somewhat limited as how much I can do. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks to all who gave such great ideas on what to give "my" 5th grade class. I ended up giving a goody-bag to each student with a pencil,a little note pad, a sheet of stickers and a coupon for a free ice cream, that I printed and personalized, for them to turn in at the cafeteria. They all were very pleased and excited over their gift.

Being a former 5th grade teacher, I definitely think ice cream at recess is a winner! (unless there's another class outside at the same time - they may feel left out)

You could make a donation to a wildlife fund, zoo, cancer or heart program, or something similar in their honor. Make sure to put the year on it. "Mrs. So and so's 5th grade class 2008 - from Mrs. Lunch Lady". You might also be able to get some local place to give you 20 coupons for a free ice cream cone or sno-cone if you tell them what they have done and what you want to do.

Maybe some chocolate chip cookies with a cute pencil tied onto the bag with some curling ribbon.

The kids would love brownies from you!

What a sweet bunch of kids! I think the baked goods idea from the other ladies is a great idea if you're allowed to give out treats at school. (I know there's a lot of restrictions these days on treats, so be sure to check with the teacher of that class.) One thing you might consider is a good book for each kid. You can get paperback novels for next to nothing. Half-Price books is a good place and there is a CHEAP discount children's book place at Plano Market Square Mall in East Plano where Garden Ridge is. You could write a sweet message on the inside of each book. Good luck.

could you give them an ice cream sundae party sometime during last week of school?

What about a treat of some sort? Home baked chocolate chip cookies? Ice cream bars at recess? Sounds like a neat group of children!
A.

By a 5 dollar box of giant cookies from Sams and some small gift bags, put 2 cookies in each bag (or one) and fold over top of bag punch 2 holes side by side in the middle of the folded over flap and tie a ribbon through the holes. Write each child's name on their bag real pretty or make name tags and punch a singe hole in the corner of the tag and tie to the ribbon.

for less than 10.00 you can make gifts for the entire class.

Good Luck-
A. J
Owner/ Celebrity Party Favors
www.celebritypartyfavors.com

1 / 3