Seeking Gently Used Girls Pink Ballet Shoes

Does anyone know where I can get a used pair of ballet shoes for my 4 year old daughter? It seems to me that there should be a place to exchange dance shoes since many are hardly worn before they're outgrown, or are never worn. She's a shoe size 11 but I'm thinking ballet shoes may not be sized the same. I'm also looking for tap shoes for her! Thanks for any advice!

just another fyi to add....
Target has ballet shoes in the girls clothes section by the dance clothes.

update.."danskin ballet slippers".
stretchy material shoe with leather bottom sole

Taylor Dance in McKinney has a tote in the waiting area. There, people will put their clothes, ballet shoes, tap shoes, jazz shoes, in a ziploc bag with a piece of paper with their name and how much they want for them. You just find what you want, take the item out of the bag, put the money in the bag and give it to the lady at the desk (or leave it on the desk) and they will make sure it gets to the right person. I have done it a few times and paid around $5-7 for ballet shoes and the same for tap shoes. There are even leotards, tights, skirts, jazz shorts, etc... in there. It's very handy. You don't have to attend class there to buy out of the tote.

www.taylordancecenter.com
1434 N Central Expy # 107
Mckinney, TX 75070
###-###-####

ballet shoes run really small. Payless Shoes has both tap and ballet shoes. For gently used ones you can check out Kid2Kid in Garland/Sachse area off of hiway 78 in the Kroger shopping area or the Mulberry Bush off of Parker in Wylie.

~ B.
belleserelle.com

L.,

I agree with the previous post that resale shops such as Kid to Kid and Once Upon a Child usually have used dance shoes, both tap and ballet. These are both chains with multiple locations in the metroplex. Good luck!

try the children's resale stores like "kid to kid" and your child's dance school. You could start a shoe exchange program with the other moms.

Have you tried any of the area Kid to Kid stores? They buy and sell gently used baby and childrens clothes, toys, shoes and even maternity wear. There are also other gently used children's stores in the area, but I don't know the names...you might also call the area dance stores and see if they know, or even try area dance studios to see if they know of any of their students who may have gently used ballet and tap shoes that they want to sell or get rid of. :-)

Any ballet school should have what you are looking for

I don't know about used dance shoes. However, payless does sell them - for about $11-13, if I recall correctly. I recommend, instead, going to spotlight dancewear next to Toys R Us on 35 in Lewisville. They do a wonderful job of truly sizing your child for her shoes. Their shoes cost about $25, but I think it is worth it to have the right size.

I know all the ladies have said this, but here's another. Unce upon a child in Plano on Independence and Legacy had several pairs the last time I went there. Various sizes, you never know when you get there, but if you're close, it's worth a look.

If I were you, I would also put an ad on craigslist.org in the wanted section. Also, scan the baby/kids section for pairs. People post hundreds of things everyday, you never know.

Lastly, consider starting a swap group on yahoo or similar. Talk to other moms at the dance school and see if anyone else is interested. You don't need a physical location and you restrict membership to people. Group members can post requests for shoes, outfits or any other dance related items. The buyers or sellers or swappers contact each other to work out how to make the exchange. You could even open it up to people out of state if you have members willing to ship.

I was a member of a stroller group when my kids were little and it was great. I believe the yahoo group was strollerSWAP. You can request a membership to that group if you want to check out how it's done.

SAHM to 3 , ages 7, 5 & 3

1 / 3