Seeking Fun Things to Do with Our 2 1/2 Yr Old Daughter

Hi everyone,
I am looking for fun and/or educational things to do with our 2 1/2 yr old daughter on the weekends or evenings this winter i.e. dancing, crafts. It seems that the park districts don't have things for weekends or evenings. Thanks!

Old Town School of Folk Music has great classes -- singing, dancing, instruments, etc. They have lots of classes on the weekend.

mom of 6yo and 4yo

Hi E.,

Please check out my website, www.kidwinks.com - it's The site to know with kids in tow. There, you can find kid-friendly events, activities, restaurants (there's even a Dining Deals calendar in the Restaurant section where you can find out where kids eat free), shops and services throughout the Chicago area and suburbs. You can read parents' reviews of places they've visited and write your own (if you become a member, which is free). You can also get search results sorted in order of distance from your house (again, you must be a member for that benefit). Check the box to join our mailing list, and we'll do the work for you on finding fun things to do - we'll email to you twice a week links to upcoming fun, family-friendly events. We've received tremendous positive response to our emails - moms love them!

E.,

Hi, My name is J. Koplin. I write & perform kid songs.
I have a show coming up the Friday after Thanksgiving at the Kohl's Children's Museum. If you've never been to Kohl's, it's in Glenview & It's a great Children's Museum.
Check out my web site for more info.
www.jigglejamproductions.com
I also have a fun interactive music class but I only teach on Wednesdays & Thurs.
I recommend checking out the Oaklee's guide & Chicago Parent Magazine.. They always have fun events listed.
If we get as much snow as last winter... you can always build a snowman :)
J. Koplin

Hi E.,
It's Mom I know that you will get many e-mails for ideas
for activities for Ariana.
The Chicago Parent Magazine has some great things to do and places to visits in the Northern suburbs.
Give Ariana hugs and kisses for dad and me.

Have a great day.

Love you,
Momma

I'm not sure where your looking to go, but Glenview has a terrific children's museum. It's not too costly and there's lots for them to do. There's also the children's museum down at Navy Pier. That can get costly. But again they have lots for the little one to do. Also the normal museums, Science and Industry and Shedd and Field, do have area's for the little guys to explore. Not to mention all the interesting stuff to look at. There's tons of stuff going on for the holidays. Lincoln Park has Zoo Lights. It's only at night but really cool. Navy Pier has Winter Wonderland that has a really good area for little ones. Lots of Blowup climbing things and slides and Trains. Some of the things can run into money, but I've figured out if we pack a lunch and some snacks, it brings the cost down a lot. Really makes it worth while.

Hello E.,

May we suggest a great Music Together class with Merry Music Makers.
www.merrymusicmakers.com
Merry Music Makers offers Music TogetherĀ® classes for children birth to age 6 in several northside Chicago neighborhoods.
We believe that all children are musical and can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat and participate in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
Call or email for a FREE demonstration class.
###-###-####

Tim & M. T.

Check with our local Barnes and Nobel or Borders Books. They have story and craft time. Some of them do it on the weekends.

The Kohls Childrens Museum is good too.

mom of 6yo and 4yo

Hi E.,
Look into Gymboree or My Gym classes. They have a ton of classes at all times of the day & weekends.

1 / 3