Seeking Employment

Updated on March 01, 2009
A.B. asks from Fort Worth, TX

Hello Moms -
I just found out that due to the economic strain on the company I'm employed with, Friday will be my last day. Just in time for Christmas. So, I am out on the hunt. Moms I'm seeking any assistance you can give. I reside in North Fort Worth, and would like to stay as close to home as possible. I am an Executive Administrative Assistant. I am a quick study and very eager. If any of you or your husbands are looking for an administrative assistant, I'm it! Or if any of you know of a company that is looking, please send me their information. I would like to find something as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Dallas on

I was making $60k a year and got laid off in July. I have applied for over 200 jobs (I know this because I have to track this for unemployment benefits) since I was laid off. I've had 3 interviews and 3 jobs offers in 6 months....all of which paid less than unemployment.
I'm not trying to be's just not a good market out there. The unemployment rate is so high that the temp agencies are not even calling anymore.
All I can say, is file for unemployment benefits as quick as possible, as it may take you a bit longer than excepted to find a job making comparible pay.
I wish you the best of luck!

answers from Dallas on

I don't know if you might be interested in becoming an avon representative. if your interested, please contact me.

answers from Dallas on

Have you heard of Scentsy "Authentic Wickless Candle"? Extremely safe w/ no wick, soot, lead, or flame.

Our warmers are heated by a 25-watt light bulb in a 2-piece warmer, our candle bars are made of a soft wax packed full of incredible scents. With a burn time of 60-80 hours per Scentsy bar (and sometimes more), over 80 scents to choose from, a wonderful selection of warmers, plus car candles and room sprays, there's something for everyone.

Consider this: By the middle of May 2008, we sold over 1.5 million worth of warmers, bars, room sprays, and car candles. That's 495% more than during the same time period in May 2007. That's AMAZING! We also added 698 Consultants in this time period. THAT'S 612% MORE THAN WE HAD JOINED DURING THE SAME TIME PERIOD IN MAY 2007! If you are considering a home business, this is a great opportunity for you to get in early with a company that I believe will become a household name! Ask me about MY SPECIAL for anyone interested in BECOMING a Scentsy Consultant in the month of January!

Have a Scent-Sational Day!

C. Etheredge

answers from Dallas on

Hi A.-
Sorry all this is happening right before Christmas. Not that any time is good, but.....

Here is a website that makes sure that the work from home jobs are legit. Will it pay what you need?? I dont know, but maybe it is something to get you through until you find a another job.

answers from Dallas on

Hello - My name is B. Anderson and I am hiring! I have a small cleaning business and am hiring for part time or full time (I've got day and night shifts avaliable) I would love to set up an interview with you! The website is and my phone # is ###-###-####
Thanks so much, B.

Next question: Seeking Work