Seeking Educational and Fun Events in Metro Detro for My 3 Yo

I just moved in to Plymouth, MI and I'm seeking fun and educational opportunities to do with my 3 year old son. I've heard of Jungle Java. Any other places, such as libraries that have lapsit reading time, etc.

Thanks.

A., We belong to the Plymouth Newcomers Group. They have playgroups. You can find them on www.plymouthnewcomers.com

Welcome to the area. I would suggest during one of your visits to the library that you ask for MetroParent, it's a great magazine the has a listing of what's going on in the area for kids. Also, if you're in Plymouth, check out Compass Point Cafe, similar to Jungle Java, closer to you. You'll find there are a lot of things to do in Plymouth in the summer for kids too. Just have to get through the winter! Stay warm!

Hi A.. I know Borders books has storytime too, and it's on Saturdays. Also, I heard the Hands on Museum in Ann Arbor is pretty cool. And there's always Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum. Have fun!!

Barnes & Nobles at 6 Mile and 275. They have story time during the day and at night. It use to be Tuesdays from 11-11:30am and Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm. It was great when I took my daughter there when she was little. Contact them to make sure the times haven't changed.

Cathy
Pampered Chef Director
###-###-####

Dear A.,

I am also a Mom (7yo & 10yo daughters) and participated
in Music Together classes with both of them. I loved it so
much I trained with one of the co-founders and now teach
Music Together classes in Plymouth at the Play Cafe 306 S. Main St, and in Canton on weekdays and Saturday mornings!
Classes are mixed-age 0-5 with parent/care-giver and last for 45 minutes. We explore songs,dance, rhythm rhymes and instrumentd together. I've been so impressed with the research I am continuously
receiving that supports learning through music and movement
in young children. Both of my daughters now have a great music foundation and are enjoying dance, violin and piano a great deal because they enjoyed experiencing these foundations as young children.

I offer free morning sample classes on Wed. Dec 3rd, Thurs. Dec 4th, Sat. Dec 6th in Canton and Tuesday Dec 9th at 10:00am at the Plymouth Play Cafe. You can sign-up by calling ###-###-#### or at my website www.HarmonyAndMeKids.com. I teach all of the classes and
am the Director of Harmony And Me. It would be a pleasure
to meet you A.!

Please contact me with any questions!!

Warmly,
M. Bila Regan

check out www.parentsconnect.com & www.metroparentevents.com both sites offer a list of local attractions that include educational activities as well and Redford, Dearborn, Westland & Southfield libraries have wonderful activities check out their sites..

The Plymouth Library has reading time.

I have found this website is a great place to go to find things to do with your kids: http://gocitykids.parentsconnect.com
They have the library listings, as well as other things around town to do. They list the appropriate ages for each event, as well as the cost.
Something of interest in Canton is an aquatic event every Wednesday and Friday. Wish I would have had something like that for my boys when they were growing up.
Also, check with your local Parks & Recreation Departments. They have a lot of programs to offer.
There is also Castaway Cafe in Howell. On some days, they have a special that if you get there before 9am, the day is free. They have a great menu of food, not overpriced. This place offers a lot of stimulation.
Also, wanted to say thank you for being a Teacher ...

1 / 3