Seeking Dermatologist Reccomendations in San Antonio

Hi Ladies,

I've never had perfect skin, but in the last couple of months my skin has broken out like a teenager. I'm hating it and I am looking for a good dermatologist in the San Antonio area. Does anyone have any reccommendations? I already know that my insurance will not cover this, so that's not an issue. I just want to look like an adult again (as opposed to an aging teen!)

U.

I have the best Derm. Her name is Dr. Lisa Walker and her number is ###-###-####. She is really sweet and has a great bedside manner.

There is one at the corner of Blanco Rd. and Bitters in that strip center. His name is Dr. Ochs ( I believe that is how you spell it) It is pronounced Oats. He is fantastic!

http://www.hughesdermatology.com/wiki/PHD/HomePage

They are a father daughter team, Dr. Hughes does not accept insurance, but has a lifetime of experience. The daughter Dr. Tichy does accept insurance and is not afraid to ask her dad for help if she is stumped on something. I have seen both for my Psoriasis and acne, They wll try less invasise procedures and meds 1st, and then if that still does not work move on to more potent meds. I started out w/ Dr. Hughes, but it got to expensive for me to be paying out of pocket especially since I did have insurance.

I highly recommend Dr. Phillip Hughes in the medical center. He has been my dermatologist pre- and post- partum. He does not contract with any insurance companies, but is worth the money! He has a website which is very helpful to get an idea of exactly what caliber of doctor he is. I think it's www.hughesdermatology.com. I wish I could find an ob/gyn, pediatrician and family practicioner of this quality!

Dr Thushan DeSilva with Dermatology Associates of SA. He has 2 offices - one off 1604 & 281 & the other on Topperwein. He is awesome. Two of my children had extremely bad skin & he worked miracles with them! His office phone number is ###-###-####.

1 / 3