Seeking Daycare Recommendations

Updated on November 20, 2006
R.D. asks from Oklahoma City, OK

I am looking for recommendations on childcare facilites or at home care centers in the N-NW Oklahoma City or downtown area. My child is currently enrolled at May Ave Methodist Childcare center. She loved the infant room and the 1-2 year old room but is now in the 2-3 year old room. I am having concerns with her care and would like to move her to another facility. I would prefer she be in in-home care if possible. If anyone has a recommendation for me I would greatly appreciate it!!

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Oklahoma City on

This is the very powerful childcare search engine provided by under the childcare locater link...
You can search by zipcode, home, facility, ages, dhs contract, private pay, stars/quality ect...

answers from Oklahoma City on

I have a 2 Star home daycare at 27th and Portland and I have an opening. The majority of my kids are 2 or will be 2 in about a month. I'll send you a private message with my phone number.

answers from Albuquerque on

Hi R.! I also have a home childcare facility and have a spot open for a child over two years old. I am located in Bethany. I will private message you with my information too!

answers from Oklahoma City on

Have you trien Rainbow fleet most daycares are listed through them, also there is a way top look online their record and complains against scecific workers. Good luck keep us posted Are you looking for home daycares or center daycares?

answers from Oklahoma City on

There is a WONDERFUL daycare downtown at St Lukes Methodist Church. I applied for a job and was hired there before but didn't continue employment. The staff is incredibly nice , wonderful enviroment and great schedules/curriculums for the kids! As a matter of a fact it was the first place I considered for my daughter. I loved it!!! And trust me I've worked at multiple daycares...its at the top of my list! Have you considered looking for a nanny or a sitter in your home? That might be an option also, sometimes they cost just as much as a daycare.

Next question: In Home Daycare Versus Regular Daycare