Seeking Dance Lessons

what is the best dance studio around?

My daughter who is 8 has been with The Dance Zone located in West Plano for 5 years. The owner is Sarasue and she is a loving woman. Her teachers are fabulous and the clientele is great!
If you'd like more details--email me privately!

A. ____@____.com

It depends on what area you're in I guess, but we take at The Dance Movement which is located at 121 and Custer. Lori Boldt is the owner, and we've been very pleased there.

A. ____@____.com

The Ballet Conservatory in Lewisville. Rated top in Denton county

In the Carrollton area is Dianne Cole Johnson school of dance, http://www.dcjdance.com/. I started my very uncooridnated daughter there last year and they are great. She was three and has made incredible progress. Love them and they are reasonably priced. They are at Frankfort and Old Denton Road.
A.

Top Hat Dance Studio in Lewisville has been around for close to 30 years. They have an excellent reputation and they have dancers that are recognized throughout the country. They have good programs for the young ones. If dance is more of a hobby versus something to be taken serious, then this is probably not the place for you/your family. Recital time (end of May through mid-June) is crazy.

Bottom line, Top Hat is an excellent dance studio.

C., it really depends upon what type of studio you are looking for and how far you want to drive. My daughter takes at Ballet Academy in Coppell (www.balletacademcyoftexas.com) and we have been very happy. Every time I see her dance, I’m always amazed at what a beautiful dancer she is becoming! Ballet is the primary focus, but they offer a full range of dances including tap, jazz, hip hop, modern and musical theater classes. The studio does the Nutcracker around the holidays and a recital at the end of May. Mrs. Nicholson is a wonderful teacher and is often invited to teach workshops for American Ballet Theater and, Joffrey in San Antonio. She was also invited to be on ABT’s committee to develop a teacher training program.

There really are many good studios in the area. Go visit a few and see what feels best to you. Good luck.

My girls have been attending Allen Conservatory of Dance for 2 years and love it. The main focus is classical ballet, although the younger classes also do a bit of tap at the end of each class. As a side benefit, the girls have also learned discipline and focus, because Miss Stefanie expects it of them. :) She keeps class size down to around 12, so there's usually a waiting list to get in. HTH!

My daughter is almost 5 years old and she started dance last year (was still 3) at Turning Pointe Dance Studio. http://www.turningpointedancestudio.net My goal for her was to have a lot of fun at it and not too strict. The owner is Amy Allen and she is soo sweet and personable. Her heart for this dance studio is tremendous. She has grown to another dance floor this year and we are all so excited for her. She is a christian and all her employees are christians. I grew up in town here and went to Top Hat a good part of my life...that is also and excellent studio and Sharon is amazing but it is more hard core and serious. I would suggest check out the website.

1 / 3