Seeking Creative Ideas to Tell Parents We're Having a Baby Boy

Hi Ladies, my creative juices just aren't flowing right now. I'm in need of a creative, yet simple and not too expensive, way to tell my in-laws and my parents on Christmas Day (we'll see them at separate times that day)that our second child is a boy. Neither set of parents knew that we were having a sonogram to determine the sex of the baby yet. On my husbands side, this will be the first grandson (there are 4 granddaughters). We have a 2 1/2 year old little girl. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

At 7 months, my doctor slipped and told me we were having a girl. My husband didn't know, so I bought a baby girl bathing suit and let him open it. J.

I bought my mom a baby bootie charm and gave it to her in a gift box. I gave my dad the test...his generation didn't have those, so he didn't realize he was holding a pee-stick pregnancy test.

You could wrap them up a beautiful present and put a note inside saying Its a boy or with a "boy" ornament.

My brother-in-law and his wife went to build-a-bear workshop and put the news in the "voice box" of the bear "It's a Boy!". You can record anything you want in there. Bears are about $10 (voice box a few dollars extra). Congratulations!!

get a sign with a blue stork and a sign that reads your last name and approximate "birth" date.

Go to Babies R Us and they have sonogram picture frames for boys or girls. Those are really cool gifts. Ours was the first grandbaby so we got copies of the sonogram picture (ask your doctor they may print you out several) you can copy them at Wal-mart or Wal-greens or places that have photo copy machines, and find a cool little frame and put them in there. Wrap it up and there is your good news plus a Christmas present. We got our little black frame at Wal-mart for $7. It was a 2X3 frame I think! Hope this helps.

Don't kow if this has been said, but find a really cute baby frame and print something out on computer with a really cute boy item and say "IT'S A BOY" OR YOU COULD EVEN COPY THE SONOGRAM AND PUT THE BABY'S NAME ON THERE IF YOU HAVE IT PICKED OUT YET. SAY SOEMTHING LIKE TO GRANDMA AND GRANDMA FROM BABY'S NAME. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE DO THIS BEFORE AND IT TURNS OUT REALLY CUTE.

An additional gender telling stocking...then see who speaks up!

How about giving the grandparents a small gift to unwrap at the table once everyone is seated, just before you have your meal. You'll have everyone's attention then. Inside the gift can be any little boy item, like blue booties or a cap.

Congratulations!!

We bought cheap birthday party invitations in a 'boy' theme. We wrote on the inside where it said When: May-ish What: Birth of our baby boy, etc. We just handed them the envelope and let them open it. It was cute and easy and inexpensive.

Our neighbors just told us that when they told their parents at Christmas that they were having a girl, the Dad had strung a string of lights on their tree all in pink. So their tree was lit with colored lights and then all of a sudden, he unplugged the multi-colored ones and all that was left were the pink ones. It's something different!

And if they're not coming to your house, you could bring them a small tree as a gift and plug it in for them at their house with blue lights and maybe blue tinsel or boy ornaments and tree topper. You could also have a little stocking hanging on the tree with a picture of the sonogram inside.

Have fun!

1 / 3